Thursday, January 31, 2008

Temple Dedication, Grading, Silly Children and Good Times...

This last Sunday Scott and I found out that we were getting tickets to go to the Rexburg Temple Dedication and actually be in the temple!!! I was involved in the Public Affairs Committee translating some documents for them to Spanish. I honestly didn't expect anything, I was serving the Lord happily and I was happy to give of my time and talent without any recompense...but I guess, it never works that way with the Lord...he always blesses us. Before the prophet passed away I thought that would probably be the last time I would ever be in the same building with him...but I'm sure he will be watching us from up above. I have been blessed during my time here at BYU-Idaho with many opportunities to be in the presence of our dear prophet Gordon B. Hinckley and I will forever be grateful to Heavenly Father for that priviledge!!!

So...this is the HUGE pile of papers I have to grade this weekend! Yeah! How exciting is that?!!! The joys of being a teacher!!!! I shouldn't let it get this big...but at the end of the day when the kiddos go to sleep I am NOT in the mood for grading!!! I'd better start getting in the mood because this is all I'm doing this weekend!!!!

Silly children!!!

Scottie, the kids and I went bowling tonight and this is how good I am at this game!!! I'm a champion!!!!!!!!! Yeah right!!! I did soooooo bad...it is embarrasing...Scott did better...even though I stink at it, we still had a fun time!

Since we can't go outside to play because it is so cold, we decided to go have some fun at the REX in town. We are just so sick of being in the apartment all the time...we had such a blast!!! The kids loved all the fun stuff they had there and the awesome thing was that it wasn't that expensive. We spent $3 and we did a lot! I beat Scott in air hockey!!!! Yeah! I finally beat Scott at something!!!!:)

This is Brielle's new thing...she pulls a chair or her toy basket to the counter and starts looking for pens, gum or other things she knows she can't have...oh well...I get a kick out of how creative she gets with the things she finds to stand on...a basket...I just have to laugh...

I've been trying to teach Braden how to drink from a cup. He's been doing ok...we still have some work to do. Most of it ends up on him...hopefully it'll get better.

11 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

Fun times! You're kids are too cute! Watching kids interact with the siblings I think is the one of the funnest parts about being a parent.

Unknown said...

First, you two have the absolute cutest kids...it looks like they are the best of friends and they are adorable. Second, what a great opportunity to go to the dedication in the temple. Enjoy that beautiful experience! (we got tickets for the Taylor building but aren't able to make it up there) And last, good luck with all those papers to grade, the joy of teaching! :)

Justin and Stacey said...

Denisse...you might have to work on your bowling skills a bit! :) Braden looks so funny trying to copy his big sister!!! I can see them working together on some big scheme when they are older and Braden doing anything Brielle tells him to do. So Funny!! We miss you guys and your adorable little kids. It is funny to see Brielle come up with different ways to get what she wants! She sure is a determined little girl. Give them a big squeeze from us!!
PS. We are so jealous you get to go to the dedication!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so fun! What personalities they have! Kids getting into things they're not supposed to... hmm, I think that must be a trend. They're so curious to expolre, but of course not with their toys. I wonder if you put her toys up out of her reach if she'd suddenly think those were cool. Something tells me she's too smart to be tricked like that. I wish we lived closer, it'd be so much fun to play!

Sherwoods said...

I'm horrible at bowling too!! Cute pictures, and good luck with grading!!

Justin and Stacey said...

I can't believe I talked to you on the phone last night and didn't ask you how the dedication went!! You will have to let me know!

Jan said...

Your blog is so cute, Denise...I am going to add a link from my blog so I can look at it more often! I loved your blog about Motherhood. I've been feeling that way a lot too. Probably the crappy weather and being sooo pregnant and uncomfortable, but I appreciate you writing that. I also appreciate you posting your bowling scores. Maybe you and I should go head to head...I think we're evenly matched. Also that is awesome you get to go to the dedication in the temple. You lucky girl! Have fun!

The Heaton's said...

i wish so bad that i could have been there to visit the new rexburg temple, i love to see pictures of it! the video is so cute, it's so cute how braden is trying to be just like his big sister. i had to laugh at all the creative ways brielle tried to get what she wanted, kids crack me up.

p.s. i got a 20 one time when i went bowling, really not one of my favorite sports.

Sar said...

Hey, I love your new blog header! You're great at photoshop! We love going to the REX! We should go together sometime! When we go, we just let Hyrum bowl a game, then spend $1 on the games. He thinks it's great!! We can't wait for the temple dedication! Exciting!!

Justin and Stacey said...

I Love the new header Denisse!!! Looks super cute!

Kelly Munns said...

i love the new page! it looks so good! i have to say you're a brave woman for posting the mom one. we all feel that way at some point. just think of how sad you'll be when you do have the time to do that stuff because they're out of the house :( i just can't imagine...