Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mommy Yummy Soup!!!...More Cookie Monster?

A few weeks ago I was at my friend Sarah's house and it was about time for dinner and both of our husbands were working so she invited the kids and I to stay for dinner...she made the yummiest potato and onion soup! It was a hit with me and the kids! So I got the recipe and made it a couple of days ago and I have to share this recipe with everyone because it is easy and delicious!!! And I am all about "easy and delicious"!!!:) Brielle kept telling me, "Mommy yummy soup!!!!"...it made my day to hear her say that!!!:) Braden devoured a full bowl too...and Scott also liked it. I think it's the best winter soup...it is so filling too... yummy!!!! Here is the recipe:

1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 T. butter
1 can (14oz.) chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
2 cup of cubed potatoes
2 cup milk
1 tsp. parsley

-Saute onions and celery in butter
-Add broth, salt, pepper and potatoes
-Cover, bring to boil
-Reduce heat and boil gently until potatoes are tender (about 20 min.)
-Add milk and parsley
-Heat thoroughly

**When I made it at home I added some shredded chicken, but I think ham would be good in it too.

I also made the yummiest cake mix cookies. I have had this recipe for a while and finally got around to making them! These cookies are seriously soooo good (I'll have to thank Stacey for the recipe) It was a hit with my kids and Scott. After Brielle had her first one she kept going to the counter and saying "more cookie monster!!!!" She ate about 4 of them after dinner and Braden loved them too. Here is the recipe (super easy):

1 cake mix-any flavor (I used spice cake but Scott said that when he was at Stacey's mom's house she used the rainbow cake one...I think that's what it's called and he said he absolutely LOVED them!!! So I guess I'll have to try that one next)
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
350 degrees 8-10 minutes

I hope you try these!!! They were a hit at the Jensen house! I hope they are a hit at your house too!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That soups sounds delicious! And we love cake mix cookies here too, so easy and sooo good. Thanks for the new recipes!
PS Love the new blog picture at the top! I need to learn how to do that.

AZ Larsens said...

I LOVE cake mix cookies! All the yummy-ness of cake, and cookies, all in one. Mmm...

Daija said...

I'll have to try that soup sometime. I also love to make cake mix cookies. I usually use the Funfetti cake mix which is pretty much the same as the rainbow cake mix. Jonathan's mom uses devil's food cake mix and puts chocolate chips in it. So many options! :)

meng said...

Your banner at the top of the page is so cute. I just love it,the kids are adorable.

brittanyandtravis said...

Chloe LOVES cake cookies! I like to make spice cake ones and add white chocolate chips in it. Your page looks so cute by the way!

The Heaton's said...

mmm, i am going to have to make that soup! quick and easy is always the best! thanks for sharing it.

Zach and Nikky said...

Denisse, I just saw your comment from forever ago on our blog! It was so good to see you guys while we were in Rexburg. Your kids are gorgeous as ever...I can't believe Brielle is 2 already. Hope everything is going well for you! Let us know where Scott decides to go for med school! -Nikky

Sar said...

Yummy! That sounds so good, I think I'll make it tonight!

Jason and Kelsey said...

I'm so glad I found you on this thing! Your family looks beautiful, as always! Where are you guys now?

Sherwoods said...

Thanks for the recipes, I want to try them. I've nade those cookies before with the spice cake mix. SO good.