Nya's graduation was neat! It was a bit long for the kids. But it was sure special to see my little sister graduate from high school. I was 8 when she was born and I still remember the day she came home. She was the cutest little baby and I remember helping my mom change her diapers and making bottles for her. When Nya was in second grade we discovered that she was deaf in her left ear, she has no hearing whatsoever in that ear. Her right one is perfectly fine. We also discovered that she had some learning disabilities. Many people in the schools told my mom that she would never graduate from high school. But this woman (my mom) NEVER took no for an answer, you have no idea!!! She has battled with the school districts in Miami and Provo to get Nya the attention and the individual help that she needed! My mom amazes me! She's always encouraging Nya and setting high expectations for her. So, this graduation for Nya is quite the accomplishment. She is a really good girl and we love her so much! She is a trooper and we are sure proud of her!!!
My brother Kem is back from his bike ride across the United States! It was so fun to see him!
We went to feed the ducks at a pond close to BYU campus. We were all so scared that Brielle was going to jump in the water with the ducks, she seriously has no sense of danger...my mom kept chasing after her and I'm so glad Kem caught this specific moment with my mom and Brielle! Brielle thought is was hilarious that my mom was chasing after her and was laughing so hard when my mom caught her!
I drove back to Rexburg on Saturday then headed to Boise on Sunday afternoon and stayed with the Anderson's (one of my favorite families in the whole world!!!) My citizenship appointment was on Monday at 8 in the morning. I got 100% on my test and the interview went well. The interview only took 10 minutes!!!! Can you believe it? All that driving for 10 MINUTES!!!!!! Oh well...I guess it's all part of the process...I take the oath on July 24th! They asked me 5 questions on my test:
1. What is the capital of the U.S?
2. What are the 3 branches of the government?
3. What is the highest court?
4. Why was the civil war fought? (when the lady asked me this question I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind was voting rights. I knew it was wrong but instead of rethinking it to myself that answer just came out. The lady looked at me and said "think again". Then I was like DUH!!!! It was fought to free the slaves!!!!!! What a dork! I can't believe I said voting rights!!!! Oh well, I still got 100%!, I think I was nervous!!!)
5. What is the name of the national anthem? (no, I didn't have to sing it!!!) :)
So, there you have it! I answered, signed some papers and that was that!!!!
Again, it looks like June will be a busy month at the Jensen's...Scott and I will be flying out to DC next week to look for housing...I hope we find something affordable and nice....wish us luck!!!:) Then, the following week is our 4th year wedding anniversary wow! 4 years!!!!...then...I go to Utah to meet up with my best friend Timber, who is driving from New Mexico...so it should be a fun month!
1. What is the capital of the U.S?
2. What are the 3 branches of the government?
3. What is the highest court?
4. Why was the civil war fought? (when the lady asked me this question I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind was voting rights. I knew it was wrong but instead of rethinking it to myself that answer just came out. The lady looked at me and said "think again". Then I was like DUH!!!! It was fought to free the slaves!!!!!! What a dork! I can't believe I said voting rights!!!! Oh well, I still got 100%!, I think I was nervous!!!)
5. What is the name of the national anthem? (no, I didn't have to sing it!!!) :)
So, there you have it! I answered, signed some papers and that was that!!!!
Again, it looks like June will be a busy month at the Jensen's...Scott and I will be flying out to DC next week to look for housing...I hope we find something affordable and nice....wish us luck!!!:) Then, the following week is our 4th year wedding anniversary wow! 4 years!!!!...then...I go to Utah to meet up with my best friend Timber, who is driving from New Mexico...so it should be a fun month!




13 comments:
What an exciting time for you guys!! Busy, but exciting! Way to go on your test. Tell Timber I say "hi" when you see her! Good luck finding housing.
Congratulations!!!! I hope you guys can find a place when you fly out, too. And thanks for the email. I don't know if they talk to everyone we reference, but all they do is ask questions about Travis's loyalty to the US and his behavior. Thanks again! I hope you guys have a fun time!
Yea a U.S. Citizen! How exciting! I hope you guys have some good luck in D.C.
Cute pictures! The one with Kem holding Braden's hand is adorable. My kids love Kem too...they associate him with eating peaches. Did he tell you about that? Ask him sometime. Every time they hear his name they say, "Peaches!"
Wow...you guys really are super busy!! What an exciting time though. Your little sister is so stinking cute. Congratulations to her! I'm glad the kids were good in the car for the most part. That is so hard for them to sit that long! Congratulations on your citizenship!! We can't wait to see you guys!
Congratulations Denisse! And same to your sister. It is so much fun to hear all about what you guys are up to. I love the Hairspray music too! (But 4 hours of it is a little much!!)
Congratulations on getting your citizenship. You rock.
We love you!
Timpview? My sister just graduated from the same high school! I wonder if they knew each other? Congratulations on your citizenship! How exciting!
Wow! Congrats on your citizenship. That is awesome, but kind of a bummer that you had to drive that long way. Oh well, it's over! I love your blog, and I love those little picture collages that you do with the words and stuff. How do you do that!? I need help :)
Yay! You're going to be a citizen! I knew you'd pass the test. :) And hey, the Civil War was kind of fought for voting rights... the slaves just didn't get those rights until the 70's. :)
Denisse, I have not been a good blogger lately, so I just had a lot of fun catching up on your blog! You have got to teach me your digi scrapping skills before you guys leave! I am soooo impressed! I love how you have pages for each blog post!
By the way, I would have got 20 % on that test. Good job!
I can't believe how cute your kids are getting.... your pages are so adorable...i need to get back into it...
I know it's a little late in coming, but congratus on your citizenship test! We're so happy for you. Way to go!
Post a Comment