I had the chance to meet a few of Scott's classmates, everyone is very nice and friendly. There are 177 students this year, 110 of that total are women, that leaves only 67 men in the class. Most everyone is single or dating. Scott is among the few students who is married with children, which I think is neat and makes him unique. His class is so diverse, there are students from so many different backgrounds. It is so neat!!! There are 2 other guys from BYU. He is the only BYU-Idaho student. While they were taking this picture we were there with the kids...Brielle wanted her daddy soooo bad. I kept telling her, "Brielle, you can't go right now, your daddy has to smile for the picture." Then, in a VERY loud voice she says in front of everyone, "SMIIILLEEE!!" All of the students started laughing...Scott had this huge smile on his face and turned bright red!!! It was a cute moment!
By the end of the whole thing, the kids had had it!!! They were hungry, hot and tired!!! You can tell in this picture that Brielle wasn't a happy camper!!! (By the way, my brother Kem took all of these pictures, he always catches the perfect moments!!!)
I am proud of this man!!!:)
When we first got here we went on campus to drop off some financial aid papers. The kids and I decided to wait for Scott outside. We were walking around and Brielle looked at the statue and pointing at it asked, "Mommy, who's that?" I told her that his name was George Washington and that he was the first president of the United States. She kept repeating his name for a while. A few days later, we were having a little FHE with the kids and I was telling them about prophets and I was showing them a picture of Joseph Smith and then I showed them a picture of President Monson and asked them who it was. Brielle said, "that's George Washington!" It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard her say!!!! I was laughing so hard!!! I had to explain to her that he wasn't George Washington and that President Monson is another kind of president!!!:)
Walking on campus to the metro station. Scott has to take the metro to go into DC. I drive him to the metro station from our house, which is about a 10 minute drive, then he has a 25-30 minute ride to GWU. The stop is right in the university though, he walks about 100 feet to his building.
It is quite the experience to ride the metro with kids...it's fun for the most part and sometimes it is just a lot easier to drive to the metro, park our car there and take the metro when we go to DC. Parking can be crazy there, they have meters for up to 3 hour parking but you are always worried that you have to get back to your car before it expires...anyway, the metro tends to just be a lot easier!!!
Brielle is covering her ears from the noise the train makes when it goes under the tunnels. She likes riding the train though and both Brielle and Braden say choo-choo and they get excited when the train starts moving!
20 comments:
That is so exciting. good luck to scott! I have to say also, your blog is always so cute. I just love it. You guys are such a cute family and shaun and I really look up to you for being such a good example of a strong family in the church. Congrats on G.W. medical school!
Wow, Denisse! What a fun adventure for your family! Good for Scott for being dedicated and willing to go into such a demanding profession in order to help people. I'm glad you guys are doing so well!
P.S. Your kids are so cute... I love what Brielle said about George Washington! So funny!
LOL! I love the pictures of Brielle's face! What attitude! She and my kids would get along well...haha. Congrats on starting med school!
Denisse, Thanks for posting a comment on my blog, it made me so happ because I was so busy for so long, and couldn´t blog that everyone stopped checking my blog. Tell Scott congrats, that's wonderful! Your kids are adorable! I bought the cutest baby dresses in Panajachel Guatemala, and I just want a little girl to put in them. I bet we are in the same ward as your friends, and that is exciting because I could use some new friends in our new neighborhood! P.S. your kids are beautiful!
THANKS FOR THE SWEET BLOG TODAY. LOVE THE PICTURES OF ALL OF YOU AND WHAT A DAY IT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR OUR LITTLE ONES, GLAD EVERY ONE SURVIVED AND KNOW HOW PLEASED I AM THAT YOU AND SCOTT ARE DEDICATED TO HIS EDUCATION. LOVE YOU ALL, GRANDMA
Congrats on everything! It is strange not hsving you guys around! I hope everything continues to go well! If Ryan gets an intrview in Virginia we are all going to try and come out. Nathanial keeps asking for Brielle.
How wonderful for Scott and how fun for the rest of you, especially Brielle. Good Luck with everything.
Congratulations Scott on the white coat ceremony!! You will make a great doctor. Good luck with the classes ahead.
Love the Brielle stories and attitude. She cracks me up. We hope you have a great time back east. You are one awesome family!!
Congratulations Scott! What an adventurous day for everyone! I'm glad you guys are liking it there. I bet it is so fun having so many places to go explore.
Oh, Scott, You look so handsome in your Doctor Costume. :)
Love you guys!
WAy to go Scott! Isn't all of this so exciting?! It is so fun to see you boys progress and accomplish so many great things. We definitely married some awesome guys! Congratulations and good luck with the start of your classes!! We can't wait to hear how it goes.
I can't believe your camera broke! :( That is so sad! But I can't wait to see pictures of your house.
Oh, and I love the story about Brielle! She is pretty smart to make the connection of the "President" though! What a cutie!
Jack must really like the music you picked for your blog...he has been singing and dancing the whole time I've been looking at it! :)
Oh, and your hair looks so good in these pictures!!!
How exciting for you guys! I remember Ross's white coat ceremony, it makes it much more real. You all look so good, such a cute family!
Congratulations on being moved in and on Scott starting med school! I haven't been blogging for about a month and I come back and everything has changed. Well I think Scott will be THE best doctor. And he's lucky to have a wife like you because its a hard road. Good luck with everything :)
Yay!! You are there finally, must feel so nice to get settled in. That story of Brielle is adorable. I could see how you could get very confused about presidents and prophets. Haha I love that little girl.
Congratulations! It must be so excited to get started! The sooner you start, the sooner it is over - right? We just can't wait to hear about all your adventures, Dr. Jensen!!
Hey Denisse, This is Wendy (your American citizen /class buddy) I love your blog and am glad we ran into each other before you moved all the way across the country. It looks like you are having a wonderful adventure already! Now you have my blog as well so feel free to check it out!
Hugs!
(I would love to try some peruvian food!!)
Gracie is just entering the age where she will say things that just CRACK ME UP! I love all your little Brielle stories and I'm so glad you write them down. Congratulations so Scott on the start of medical school and the white coat ceremony. We love you guys! Good luck with everything!
Wow!Tell Scott we are way proud of him too! We love you guys. :)
Congrats Scott! What a huge accomplishment already! Good luck with the next few years.
Post a Comment