This last Saturday, we went to Mount Vernon...but stopped at the entrance because the admission fee was $13. Children were free. Great. But the rest of us had to pay $13. Way out our budget! I usually check on-line before going anywhere but since everything is free in DC, I figured we would just have to may be worry about paying for parking. Parking was free but not the entrance!!!:( We were so sad! If you don't know about Mount Vernon, it is this huge plantation where George Washington had a huge mansion. There are a bunch of other things there and I was sooo excited to see it! But seriously 13 bucks? I would have happily paid $5. We will for sure go before we leave. It might be worth it to get a year pass for $25. Anyway, we still managed to have a blast together and we did it all for FREE!!! That's how we like it!!:) That whole area is right by the Potomac River and they have parks and trails all along the river. We had a picnic at one of the parks and played with the frisbee. Then we went on a walk on one of the trails and it is amazing how active people are here. It makes me want to start working out and get into shape! We all enjoyed our day and had a great time!







Look at that proud face and that HUGE smile!


After the park, Scott had to go to study. But my family, the kids and I still wanted to play. So we went to my FAVORITE spot so far here in DC, the Jefferson Memorial! It was the PERFECT fall day. I know you Idaho people are probably I bit jealous that there is no snow on the ground around here!!!:):) We have been enjoying wonderful weather and it is nice to actually have 4 seasons instead of 3. (There is seriously no fall in Idaho...:):) We still LOVE Idaho!!!:)



The White House can be seen from the Jefferson Memorial.

I love all of these pictures of my mom and Braden. He was NOT cooperating! But I LOVE how my mom kept trying and trying! She even sat on the floor with him! But not in one picture is he looking at the camera!!!:)
My cute sister at the FDR Memorial. Another one of my FAVORITE places, like I've already mentioned in prior posts!
The fun never ends when you live in DC and when you have great company the fun is even better!!!:)
10 comments:
Whoa! $13?! Crazy. Free fun is always the best kind of fun anyway! If you're like me, you would've been just stressing over the money you had to pay the whole time anyway!
That is a bit pricey! But you still had a good time! I am jealous of your 4 seasons. Here we only have 2 - Hot Summer and Cold Summer. hehe I miss the fall!!
I think that every thing should be free to get in to. Why not? Us poor students want to be able to enjoy things too! How can they not think of us?? Rude...
:)
I just want to tell you I love the music on your blog! I saw that you have Viva la Vida up there. Coldplay is my favorite band!!! Seth and I have tickets to see them in Clevland in 6 days!!! Yay!
Sad you didn't get to go to Mt. Vernon! It's really cool and so is the view of the river and valley! I specifically remember going to George Washington's bedroom, where he died, because he died on my birthday in 1799.
What fun adventures you guys are having in DC! There are so many fun places to visit and see. I need to go back there again to visit and feel the history that is embedded everywhere you go. I love it!
It looks like you had fun anyway. Way to go! And it's so beautiful there. What a perfect way to spend a fall day.
Looks like a fun trip! That is so great that you have tons of options of things to do together. I think the variety helps make family time more bearable :) I'm so glad you guys are loving DC! And thanks for always leaving such nice comments on my blog!!! It makes my day!
I am WAY jealous of the beautiful weather. What beautiful/fun pictures! Actually, I must say that Mt. Vernon is one of my favorite spots we visited: the mansion & grounds are simply BEAUTIFUL! Your mom is just adorable-- that smile of hers is never-ending.
DC looks so beautiful. I want so bad to go visit there while we are some-what close to it. I think it's a day and halfs drive for us from here. These pictures make me want to go so bad!
WOW!love to have her hanging in the air like that, just take her little skirt off and suck on her sweeeeeeet bald p-ssy
Post a Comment