But don't you seriously feel like some days you just got nothing accomplished at home? A lot of the things we do as moms are not tangible...for example, how do you show that you hugged and cuddled with your child that day? how do you show that you validated your child for something good that he/she did? etc., etc. There are other things that are obvious to the natural eye, like a clean home and all of your buckets of dirty clothes empty and drawers filled with nice clean underwear, or bathed children (my favorite!), etc., etc. Anyway, I just think this columnist did such a great job at putting into words what moms do and that is why I am posting this article (thank you Kelsey for emailing it to me!)...I emailed this to some people but in case you didn't get it, I hope you enjoy it and realize that what we do at home is greater than anything you will do elsewhere!
...AND THIS IS WHAT WE STAY-AT-HOME-MOMS DO ALL DAY:
Oh, and by the way...even though, it is busy to be a mom, I always have time for friends...you all know that if you call me, I'll always make time to talk unless my kids are screaming at the top of their lungs...

7 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Denisse. I really appreciate your words. Although I'm not a mom (YET!), I do help my sister raise her kids. It is tough work! I really respect you for the type of mom you are and the time you take with your kids. You are a great example!
Oh you are welcome! I think this is the best article EVER! I emailed it to our YW president and that night when I was over at her house for mutual, I noticed that she had printed it off and put it on her fridge...haha! It's nice to have someone else validate what we mom's do all day. I loved your post! I feel like you do almost everyday. Every night I think to myself, "Man, what did I do today. I didn't really DO anything...but I was sure busy!" Haha. Hope everything is going well for you guys out there! Enjoy having Scott home for a few weeks, and have a great Christmas!!
I thoroughly enjoyed this! She gives it straight to that writer. :)
I don't know why but that article is making me cry right now! Must be one of those days...lol!
Someone was just telling me about this the other day. Thanks for posting it. Brian and I went to dinner last night and he asked what I did that day. I couldn't think of anything that I had done different so I said...the same thing I do everyday, take care of kids.
And sometimes you have time to talk even if your kids are screaming! You're great!
i loved this! so true... you are a great mom! miss you and merry christmas!
Post a Comment