We moved to our new place last Friday...we are friends with the nicest couple from our ward and Eldar (the husband) got accepted to go to graduate school at Cornell so they were looking for someone to move into their condo which is just a few blocks away from where we lived. Scott and I talked and talked and talked about it for quite a few months...I REALLY did NOT want to move, especially after all the work we had put into our place, we painted the walls and it looked really nice, etc. I guess that was the only plus I could find and after discussing how much we really didn't like our 1970's appliances, the hardwood flooring is beautiful but with our kids the noise level was CRAZY!!! Every time they dropped a toy you could hear it a mile away...I'm exaggerating but it was so loud and the trees are beautiful but since we were on the bottom floor it was incredibly dark ALL the time! We had the lights on pretty much ALL day long! And with all of these negatives we were paying $1600 a month!!!
So this opportunity presented to move to the third floor with vaulted ceilings and SOOOOO much light, carpet, brand new appliances and a loft, a LOT more storage and all for $15 less, it's not much cheaper but with all of the pluses that we are getting Scott and I felt like it was definitely a better deal for our family than what we had. The only thing to make this place perfect would be a yard...but then I'm asking too much for this area...anyway, so we are now in our new place...it's pretty much the same set up but with a loft and vaulted ceilings...I will post pictures as soon as I'm done putting up all of my decorations. We are all unpacked, it took us a whole week to get everything organized...I think I'm a little obsessive when it comes to the chaos that comes with having everything scattered all over the place, everything OUT of place!!!! ahhhhh!!! It drives me crazy! So Scott and I pulled full days of working around the house to get everything where it needed to be...poor Brielle and Braden were feeling a little neglected...but we've still managed to have fun...
We got the kids bikes a few weeks ago...it took a little bit for them to get the whole pedaling thing but they both finally got it and they LOVE it!
Scott is such a fun dad! I love how he actively plays with them and they just LOVE him! They are such going to miss him when he starts school again...
Braden got a hold of a hose and was loving life...
Then, he decided that putting his head under water was fun, so both Scott and Braden were putting their heads under the water! It was so cute to watch them!
Biking after the pool.
What is up with these faces??? Both of them making the exact same face...
This is what kids do when their parents are unpacking and getting the house organized...Brielle and Braden got a hold of toilet paper and started breaking each square and lined them up on the floor...
A few days ago, we headed to D.C. to visit the National Cathedral! It is an amazing structure!!!
The grounds around the Cathedral are just beautiful!


4 comments:
You are such a good mom. :)
i'm so happy your moved. i know its not easy but the light is such aplus you'll know it is worth it all. to bad for all your work at the other place but enjoy this one. the water babies are so cute all of them.
Thanks for taking the time to share with us. I love the last video when Braden is plugging Scotts ears lol too funny.
I can't wait to see your new place! I kept wondering if you guys had decided for sure to move over there. Glad all the moving is over and you can just enjoy Scott for the next little bit before school. :( Hope you had fun camping!!
Post a Comment