Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chinatown and The Heaton's.

Our good friends Jonathan and Daija Heaton with their little boy Bridger were in D.C. from Boston, for a dental conference for Jonathan's school this last weekend...we of course, had to take advantage of this opportunity. So we headed to D.C. to meet up with them in Chinatown, which was close to their hotel. We've been living in D.C. now for about a year and a half and we've only driven through Chinatown D.C. but never actually walked around.


This is the first time we've headed to D.C. without a stroller...Brielle and Braden felt so grown up.
We could tell they were loving the whole trip there. It was the unspoken, "mom and dad are letting us be big kids" kind of thing.

They LOVED every second of their "freedom"...and it was actually kind of nice for Scott and I not to have to push a stroller around and just hold the kids' hands.


They were both asking all sorts of questions about the maps and where in the map we were, etc. I can't believe how much they have been growing lately. They are both at such a fun stage. Scott and I are enjoying this time with them.


When we got out of the metro...we were welcomed by the smell of Chinese food...seriously it smelled so good...


But, we wanted to keep things kid-friendly so we decided to go to Fuddruckers. None of us had been there before and I think we all agreed that it was DELICIOUS! We had a fun time catching up with the Heaton's. It's always such a blessing to see old friends! We are lucky to have them somewhat close to us, we get to see them a few times during the year.

{"Bridger, like a bridge"...
...that's what Braden told Daija while we were eating dinner on Friday...he remembered what Jonathan taught him last time we saw them back in December.}

After dinner, we didn't want to say goodbye...so we headed over to Jon and Daija's hotel to hang out at the lobby. We got some ice cream and had dessert there...


...and of course, my kids HAD to give Bridger LOTS of love and they both wanted to "hold" him...even though Bridger is almost their size!:)

Our visit was definitely NOT long enough...but at least we got to see our good friends and spend a few hours visiting with them.


My kids think they are so funny pulling their mouths with their fingers...where do children learn these things?


A family shot in Chinatown.

{waiting for our train...}

We had such a fun time going to the city and seeing the Heaton's...but I think my two kiddos, had an extra fun time without the stroller...feeling like "big" kids.

8 comments:

Jani Jo said...

Chinatown looks great! How nice that you were able to visit with friends:0 Denisse, your photos are SO dang gorgeous! I am thoroughly impressed. It helps that your kids are TOO cute:)

grandma said...

IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE THE PICTURES OF ALL OF YOU. GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE CHINA TOWN AND THE BUILDINGS LOOK SO PRETTY.

brittanyandtravis said...

Looks like so much fun! And as always, FANTASTIC pictures!!!

adrienne said...

It's so nice not to push a stroller around, isn't it?? Mind you I usually miss having somewhere to put stuff, though. I love that last picture of them waiting for the train.

Justin said...

How fun! Jealous that you got to see them. Denisse, your pictures are cut off and I can't see all of it when they are horizontal. Just wanted you to know :)
~Stacey

Justin said...

Never mind my comment that I couldn't see the whole picture. Our computer was hooked up to our tv and I forgot that it makes things out of whack! Sorry! I'm dumb :)
~Stacey

CJ & LJ said...

I am so glad you had such fun! It is always nice to see old friends. I am thankful for the ones I have spread out across the country.

Sam said...

You take such awesome pictures Denisse! I especially love the last one. Those are going to be so great to have in the future! Glad to see you guys are still enjoying DC. =)