Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter.

I think besides Christmas and Thankgiving, Easter is my next favorite holiday...wait. 4th of July is up there too...but Easter is special because we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The whole week before Easter Sunday we had "A week long of Easter". I didn't come with it myself but I found it on HERE. I didn't do most of the activities, we did just one but it was nice to have the scriptures and the pictures all outlined for you of the week before Christ died. The kids really got into it and it was so good for Scott and I as well.

It made Easter so much more meaningful for our family.

Our good friends Justin & Stacey with their cute boys Jack and Anderson came to spend the weekend with us. Stacey entered in to win tickets to go to the White House Easter Egg Roll and she WON! So they had tickets to go to that on Monday but came the Friday before to spend the weekend with us.

We had a weekend full of FUN! We ALWAYS have such a great time when we get together with them! and I think our kids had the most fun playing and running around and being mischivous together! It makes me happy to know that they are such good little friends.

...we started our weekend heading to D.C. to see the cherry blossoms.

Cherry Blossom Festival weekend is one, if not, THE busiest time of the year here in D.C. It was INSANE! Sometimes you forget that there are 6 billion inhabitants who live on this planet...thank goodness they were not all there but it sure felt like it!!! :) We fought the crowds though and had SUCH a fun time walking around admiring these beautiful trees.

It was definitely worth it!

The Jefferson Memorial.

Justin and Scott.

Beautiful.

After a few technical difficulties...(Braden and I getting lost and not being to find anyone for almost 30 minutes...) I finally made it to the steps of the Jefferson Memorial and met up with these guys for lunch.

...and as always Stacey makes me laugh...we both had some good fun people watching and saw some really interesting people walking around, it really is inevitable to not notice certain people...

So here, we are just having some fun posing for pictures like we saw a girl do earlier that day:


ha ha!!!!...we are such geeks!

Oh my heck! I can't even believe I'm posting these picture of myself on here! ha ha!!!

I think we were having way too much fun!!!:)...

But then came the metro...

...NOT FUN! soooooooooo many people! We had a few more technical difficulties...

But we finally got to our next destination:


The Arligton Cemetery.

By now the kiddos were about ready to call it a day...

...you can tell by these pictures...

they were getting tired...

But I think they still had a little bit of juice left...so we decided to keep going...

...and in almost every picture at the Arlington Cemetery you will notice this little boy holding sticks...

They would NOT look at the camera! Brielle decided to pretend she was a statue...

The beautiful view of the city from Arlington House.

Brielle and Braden having fun playing with rocks.

After a long day of walking and fun we got home, got everyone fed and Scott and Justin headed to the Priesthood session of General Conference. Stace and I put the kids to bed and attempted to watch the Saturday morning session of Conference..."attempted" is the key word...we were exhausted!:)

On Easter Sunday, we watched the Sunday morning session of General Conference and felt so uplifted. There are no words to describe how much I LOVE General Conference...it is always just what I need! Elder Uchtdorf's Sunday morning talk was AMAZING! and the prophet's talk was just very emotional for me for some reason...very inspiring, uplifting and plain amazing.

After the first session, Stacey had brought some Easter eggs and we had a little Easter Egg Hunt for the kiddos...

They had so much fun.

These three definitely have their little personalities!:)

Brielle was trying to give Jack a hug, and he let her for one second and then came that face...simply HILARIOUS! Every time I look at that picture, it makes me laugh out loud...:)

...and then Brielle had to show off her sass...

...then came the candy eating...

...and how could I forget this little boy! Anderson. He is THE best baby! I just wanted to squeeze him and hold him the whole time he was here. I just wanted to keep him...but I don't think they thought that was such a good idea...:)

Braden got a Buzz Bubble Blower Gun in his Easter basket, I think that's what is called...

It was a hit.

Braden and Jack.

And then came this:

Oh my...these two decided to climb a tree and be funny!

...and since Brielle and Braden saw their daddy climbing the tree, they wanted to climb it too...

We watched the afternoon session of Conference and had our Easter dinner.

I made this:

{photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman}

Best roast I have EVER made! By far...

Monday, came around all too quickly and it came time to say goodbye!

But as ALWAYS, we had such a wonderful time spending time as friends...and among the craziness of kiddos and D.C. metro, traffic and people...we managed to eat lots of yummy food, talk, laugh and create memories.

Thanks for coming Heaton's!

6 comments:

Rebecca Robison said...

i read, j read. we loved.

the pics are GREAT! your commentary is awesome.

makes us want to take a trip back there some time!

looks like you had loads of fun!

Justin and Stacey said...

LOVE all the pictures!! Except the one of us posing by the tulips. Oh my gosh!! I look RETARDED!! Hahah....good times. Thanks for sending those pictures for me. :) And thanks again for letting us come, it was great!!!

Sarah Stout said...

Yay for fun friends and Easter dinner recipes courtesy of Pioneer Woman. :) I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

P.S. I want to come visit you some time. How much longer does Scott have? We'll have to come before you guys move! :)

monica said...

Great blossom photos! We were there also, I honestly have NEVER seen so many people in DC before. Crazy.

Btw, I want the roast recipe, it looks to die for!

tt moreno said...

such beautiful photos of the cherry blossoms!

Sherwoods said...

I want to visit DC! How fun that you get to live there. Glad you had a good time as always with the Heatons!