Today, I understood why my mom bawled her eyes out when my brother and I left Miami for him to go to BYU and for me to go to Ricks College. I think she felt a sense of loss. You work all of your life as a parent teaching your children to fly on their own, and then they finally do. I think I felt an ounce of what my mother felt then, today when I sent my two sweet little children to preschool.
I know we have all been waiting for this moment...and I still have plenty of years ahead of us with them as my little children...but I can see how true it is when people say that they long for these years, this stage of life.
It's rather strange to me, because in the day to day sometimes I wish it'll move a little faster and I wish my kids were less dependant on me for their every little need. But then, there's this feeling. The feeling I felt today.
It's an overwhelming feeling of wishing that I could freeze time and really take in all the precious moments I have had as the mother of Brielle and Braden. They are both full of energy and they always offer me unconditional love.
But even though, I sent my kids out today with mixed feelings, I am also thrilled for them. It's good for them to go interact with others kids and have that classroom structure at this young age.
I'm also soooo happy that we will have our routine back and that I will have a few hours during the week of peace and quiet!:) okay, I'll admit it, I'm way excited!!!:) ha!
Brielle was beyond excited to start preschool again! She went right in without even saying goodbye. I had to call her back and remind her to give me a hug! Her new teachers seem wonderful. There are a few kids from her old class that she already knows and I know she'll have no problem getting to know the rest of her class.
Mr. Braden has been waiting and waiting for his first day! and it was a success! His teacher is Brielle's teacher from last year. So it's nice because they already know each other and Braden went right in without any problem. I was so proud of him!
He has been so excited about his batman bag that I made for him!
"A characteristic of a normal child is he doesn't act that way very often."
-Author Unknown
(I saw this quote somewhere and it made me laugh out loud!)
It was so hard to get this little boy to take a serious picture! But I guess, the camera just captured his personality.
I love these two more than I can ever say.
I love you Brielle and Braden...to the moon and back!:)

11 comments:
Oh, I loved this post!! Have I told you what a beautiful family you have?? Well, you do! xo
That last picture is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. What beautiful children!
What a cute post. I'm glad their first day went well. I love that last picture of you and the kids! So cute! I also love the batman bag you made Braden.
SO CUTE! Seriously your kids are the cutest!
I didnt feel the same way as you this week. Probably because it was my week to teach Joy School and it was exhausting! I'm sure next week when Lills goes off to someone else's house I will feel a little sad. At home. All by myself. :)
what a sweet post! I absolutely love your pictures!
This was such a beautiful post! You are such a wonderful mom, and you have such darling children. Thanks for sharing!
I have been checking up to see if you would be posting and today I looked and you had! It is adorable that your children miss you!!! (Of course!) You are the best mother!!!!
Your kids are so cute. I love braden's bag.Did you make it?
Your kiddos are stinking cute- they could be little GAP models. Awww- kids grow up too fast.
My sentiment exactly. Love all your pics! I agree, you have such beautiful children. If you don't send them in to Gap, I will ;)
This post brought tears to my eyes, Denisse! You're right... before we know it, they grow up before our eyes. Right now, I teach my niece who is a freshman in high school. I have watched her grow up and helped raise her. I am still shocked everyday when I look into her face and realize how fast it all went by! It reminds me of President Monson's talk from a few years ago when he talked about how we'll miss the piles of laundry and the dirty fingerprints on the windows and walls.
You are a great mom, Denisse! Continue to enjoy every precious moment you have with your children. You and they will not forget it!
Post a Comment