Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peace & Blessings.




We had a full house this Thanksgiving.

Ryan and Kara with their two little boys and the belly made the trip out here from Cleveland. We were glad to spend time with them.


My cousin Coco and his girlfriend Rachael also joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so fun to have everyone here!

This year, I planned a lot better, so things didn't get as crazy.

The food was yummy and we were all stuffed! (as it should be on Thanksgiving!)


My cousin Coco is such a fun loving guy. It's a blessing to be able to see him...we used to go to their house in PerĂº, when Kem and I were little and spend a month there during the summertime. They lived two blocks away from the beach and we literally would spend ALL day long there, while he and my other older cousins would surf. He still surfs until this day...he's pretty good at it.

Such great memories.



The day after Thanksgiving, we headed to D.C. to show Ryan and Kara around.



It was a chilly day but all the walking kept us warm.


Brothers.


Brielle and Braden had a grand time with their cousins, Nathanial and Christopher.



They had a blast throwing leaves up in the air at the FDR Memorial.




I love the joy kids find in the little things.



They seriously were throwing leaves up in the air for a while.



They were so entertained.



We walked around the FDR for a little while.

It's one of my favorite places here in D.C.



Brielle and Braden were admiring that cool wall. They were mesmerized by it.


We had to make the kiddos stand and pose with these guys.



We had some lunch and then headed to the Lincoln Memorial.



There were lots of people.



Kara, Ryan and Scottie in front of the Lincoln Memorial.



Christopher, Brielle, Nathanial and Braden had the time of their lives just running around and exploring!

We walked along the reflecting pool and headed to the World War II Memorial.


The kids asked Scott to throw them in the air! They LOVE it when Scott does that!
...and I'm always so scared!:)


I LOVE the WWII Memorial!

I don't ever get sick of visiting D.C.


A bunch of Idahoans!
(All 7 of them born in Idaho.)



Nathanial and Brielle were such good little buddies the whole time they were here!


Right when we were heading back to our cars, we saw this.

A beautiful sunset.



Have I mentioned how much I love living here?


Saying goodbye came all too soon! Thanks for making the drive all the way here Ryan and Kara!
We loved having you here!:)

We had another successful Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Every year, around this time, I am reminded to count my blessings.

I have many.

6 comments:

THE DOBSON'S said...

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving. I love the leaves pictures...totally awesome and priceless...along with the ones of Scott throwing the kids up in the air. Love it...love the pics...love you guys!

Jana said...

I enjoyed your last few posts!
It looks like you made Thanksgiving truly magical. So fun that R & K got to come (and funny that you called it "the belly.")
Brielle looks like a natural at ballet. So cute, I love that girl.
Your trip to NY was phenomenal! Your photos are great, and you totally made me want to go. :)
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I should have called you!! We were at the Lincoln Memorial earlier that day too!

(David has two brothers, one in Philly and one in DC for 2 years so the family headed out there for a fast fun week of many things to see)

We loved DC and it looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving for you as well. * Is Kara expecting #3? Congrats to them!

TerriLyn said...

What a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend you had! I loved seeing all those great pictures! You are so cute Denisse. Your kiddos are growing up so fast and are just beautiful. Say hi to Scott for us!

Sarah Stout said...

Such fun adventures! I'm glad you guys had such a good weekend. :)

Sam said...

Braden and Brielle's hats are so cute! I know I say this like every time I comment, but seriously, you take such great photos!! Looks like a gorgeous Fall there. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! :)

Oh, and one of these days I might actually have to venture out to D.C. with Chris (the fiance). As a Brit, it seems like D.C. is one of the places in America he should be sure to see! Anyway, if we do ever make it there, we will finally have to do that double date we never got around to while you guys were in Idaho! :)