Family practice rotation has been treating the Jensen's wonderfully. I don't think we have enjoyed this much time with Scott in a while. The kids have been constantly demanding their father's attention...
...and they get it...because Scott is a child at heart himself.
Church is now at 1pm. Not my favorite.
But, I guess it gives us a little more time together as a family in the mornings.
Last Sunday, the kids and Scott made a fort.
They pretended it was a space ship, they were cruising through the galaxy visiting different planets.
I could hear them saying, "let's go to Mars now!"
Brielle and Braden have way too much fun with their daddy.
Then, last Tuesday, this happened.
Everything was covered in ice.
Braden and I went out to explore...while Brielle stayed home coloring because she didn't want to "feel cold", in her own words.
She's been asking things like, "when is the pool going to open?"
...not for a while I'm afraid.
This ice rain, whatever you call it...was crazy! I've never seen anything like it before.
Braden and I were freezing!
But we had a great time exploring, he even brought his little camera with him and was "taking pictures".
He would "take a picture" and then show it to me. It was cute...until he feel on the ice and then it was time to come inside!
The rest of the week was pretty much spent inside, kids went to preschool, I ran a few errands during the week...kids did A LOT of coloring, worked on some ABC's, we had a playdate...we attempted to go to the playground for a few minutes...minutes is the key word there!..and that's about all we did!
Sounds so incredibly exciting no?
I very much dislike being in hibernation mode...and the fact that it is sickness season makes it even worse!
I have however been feeling more in tune to trying to enjoy the simple things in life...
Like the fact that we had dinner as a family, almost every day this last week, all 4 of us!
and also...
Being able to hear my kids in the background using their imaginations all day long...and they both have such an imagination. They have so much fun together and entertain each other pretty much all day, aside from a couple of fights during the day, they are such good friends. I remember people telling me, how good of friends they would become, since they are SO close in age...it is true.
Yesterday, we headed to the Air and Space Museum-Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center here in Virginia. It about 15 minutes from our house...and if you get there right at 4pm. Parking is free. So, since we are as cheap as you can get, we decided to do that. It only gave us an hour and a half to look around.
We had such a great time together.
First thing we did was go up to the Observation Tower to see the view and the airplanes landing on the Dulles Airport.

The view was pretty and we watched a couple of airplanes land.
Brielle and Braden decided to sit on the floor to rest for a bit.
Then we headed down to see the rest of the exhibits.
This is the Blackbird. The fastest jet in the world.
It was amazing!
I love that it was a pretty open place.
This space shuttle was HUGE!
Braden wanted me to take a picture of him in front of this thing-whatever it's called.
I told him to smile, but instead he made a sad face. :(
These are just rocket models.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the Star Wars R2D2 mailbox! Braden hasn't stopped talking about it since he saw it! He thought it was the coolest things he's ever seen!
That little boy was seriously in heaven with all the airplanes, space crafts, missiles...he was making airplane noises the whole time we were there.
He is such a boy.
This was the perfect little outing on a very cold winter day.
{"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary."}
-Paulo Coelho
8 comments:
I love your little family. Those fort pictures are priceless!!! Ordinary is wonderful!
I'm so glad that the Family practice rotation is going so well! Here's my plug for our residency program here in Des Moines! It's awesome, you should come here! :-) Love you guys.
As your little ones grow, which they are doing too fast, they are staying as cute and photogenic as ever. Family time is the best.
Seriously, you guys are always up to something wonderful! You put us all to shame ;) I love it!
Great pictures. The ice pictures are crazy. I thought Rexburg was bad. That is crazy!
I just love your posts! and your beautiful pictures! I'm so impressed with your attitude and trying to enjoy the simple things. It's a great reminder. We've been having a hard time with hibernation mode too, so thank you! We love you guys!
Very cute. I loved the fort! You have one awesome husband!
I had to scrape an inch of solid ice off my windshield last week! It took me 45 minutes, and I was late for my class, and I'm the teacher! Yike! I'm with Brielle, I'm ready for the pool to open.
Post a Comment