Brielle and Braden have been waiting for their birthdays since the day after Christmas. They both know that not long after Christmas they both have birthdays. I debated and debated on what to do about a party. They were both BEGGING me for one! Especially, the little girl of mine. After talking to my friend Jenny, she told me about the cutest party website to go to and we finally decided that we were going to do 'Brielle and Braden's Ice Cream Shoppe Party.'
They were both very excited about the idea!
I had a lot of fun with the decorations. Scott thought I was going a little overboard, but seriously, it's not everyday that I throw a birthday party for my children. I have actually decided that it will be an every other year event.
Scott helped me figure out how to hang those ice cream cones and I thought they turned out perfect! We could have used a couple more but by the time we were hanging them, we were both done decorating!:)
I made the little banner out of scrapbooking paper and stapled each little banner to the ribbon. It was super easy and it turned out like I had envisioned.
We had a variety of toppings for the kids to put in their ice cream.
Gummy bears was the most popular one.
I thought about making cupcakes from scratch but I was lazy and opted for the box. So much easier. Not as tasty, but kids can't tell the difference!:)
We had 10 little friends over! I totally thought it was going to be crazy but all the kids were so good! Scott was the balloon man. He learned how to make crowns, swords and dogs out of balloons. The kids thought he was so cool! They were entertained with the balloons for quite a while. Then we played a couple of games and then it was time for ice cream!
Thanks to my friend Melissa who took a ton of these pictures! Scott and I were so busy trying to keep everything under control, I am so grateful Melissa took charge of my camera!
Brielle and Braden were loving life, we very seldom eat ice cream...let alone all the toppings to choose from...I'm sure it is the same with the other kiddos, so I think they were all in heaven.
Brielle and Braden are the same age for 3 days. Brielle will officially turn 5 tomorrow. I don't think a day goes by that Scott and I don't marvel at the special little children that these two are. We are so blessed to have them in our family!
Then came time to sing happy birthday! They both loved having all of their little friends there with them!
Braden, of course, devoured his cupcake.
Braden's face! ha ha! We totally forgot about our traditional family picture on birthdays! At least I got one of them with Scott.
A few things we LOVE about Brielle:
-This little girl has so much spunk!
-She is so social.
-She's always so interested in learning her letters. She's always asking how do you spell this and that. She's already reading quite a few words and Scott recently showed her how to add and subtract with beans, she's been doing some math.
-She is always protecting her little brother.
-She has such an active imagination and is often role-playing and talking to her 'imaginary'
friends.
-She is my right-hand. She sets the table all by herself.
-She cleans her room all by herself.
We love that little girl!
Scott working his magic with the balloons.
Then came time to open presents! They were showered with presents! They were loving life!

Brielle and Braden are lucky to have such good little friends.
Braden was very busy trying to open one of his presents in this picture!
More little friends. Someone gave Brielle that little outfit as a present and she of course had to go change.
We had a few party favors left. I was able to salvage one last party favor from my kids after every one left. You can tell it's already been opened...it's not like my kids hadn't already had enough sweets that day! I guess they still wanted more!:)
The next day was Braden's official birthday. We left one present for him to open on his birthday from Grandma Karen and Grandpa Clay. He LOVED his turtle and book and that little turtle has been his constant companion since Sunday.
Braden, of course, requested blue pancakes for breakfast. I asked him if it'd be okay if I made crepes instead and he agreed.
A few things we love about Mr. Braden:
-Braden is the sweetest and most affectionate little guy.
-He is so humble and always willing to apologize if has done something wrong.
-He has such a good sense of right and wrong. I often hear him tell Brielle, 'Brielle, no, no, no, that's naughty.'
-He is our little artist! He is so good at coloring and is so creative.
-He is so not interested in his letters or reading or anything of that sort...but he LOVES science and learning about bugs and dinosaurs. This morning he asked me if spiders have noses! ha ha!:)
-He LOVES 'fixing' things. He goes around with a little screwdriver 'fixing' things.
He is our favorite little man!
On his birthday, he requested that we play Candy Land and he won without any help and he shouted, "I'm the champion!"
Yes, you are Mr. Braden!







16 comments:
SO CUTE! I did a joint party for my two february babies last year and also decided this is not something I need to do every year! (This will be our "off" year.)
But next year, don't be surprised if I copy your ice cream shoppe party idea!
I love it! Everything turned out so cute.
perfect party! i love that your kids can celebrate together. happy birthday to brielle and braden.
Your ice cream shoppe ideas are in perfect timing for our YW new begInnIngs theme "fabulous flavors". Thanks
What a cute little family you have!! I love the ice cream shop idea!!
Wow- they sure are growing up. What a fabulously cute party you threw!! Wish we were there to join in on the fun. :)
How fun! What a cute and creative idea with the ice-cream shop theme. Your kids are so cute! I love all the birthday pictures. Happy Birthday Brielle and Braden!
Happy Birthday you two cuties! Denisse your decoration were SO cute!! You can never go "overboard" when hosting a party. That is my favorite part. It looked so so cute. Give your kiddos a squeeze for us!
What a cute party!
UM UM GOOD I ENJOYED THE WHOLE THING.
i WAS HAPPY SCOTT WAS ABLE TO HELP WITH THE FUN AND ALL THE DECORATING. OH SO CUTE!!
What an awesome party! You both treat your sweeties so good. Great decorations and setup. Happy Birthdays!
Denisse your party favors and decorations were so awesome!! You are so creative! I think I should hire you to do my next birthday party. (It is an every other year thing for us too). Looked like a fun party. My kiddos enjoyed seeing the pictures. Happy Birthday Brielle and Brayden :)
Denisse it looks like you did a beautiful job like always. Such a creative idea and it looks like it was a huge success, how wonderful. Please give huge hugs and kisses to Brielle and Braden from us. Happy Birthday Brielle and Braden!!!!
~Love,
Bonnie, Gary, Ian, Austin, Lily, Bella & Giada
WoW! All I can say is wow! You are Scott are such cute parents! I love that Scott learned how to make balloon objects! And I am so impressed with all of your cute tags and decorations! Will you come to our house next year and do a party for Kindee?? :)
What an absolutely darling post! Wow, Denisse, you are amazing. I loved this party idea, and it turned out so incredibly beautiful and fun! Happy Birthday to Brielle and Braden!
So cute Denisse! I loved the ice cream cones hanging from the ceiling... did you do this yourself? I'd love to have a post on the DIY.
:)
Holy cow that is cute!!! I love it! What a fun idea Denisse! I bet the kids were in heaven :) Happy late birthday to your cuties!!
What a fun party! You did such a great job! I'm planning Ella's right now and have made some of those pom poms to hang from the ceiling. Don't you just love kids parties?!?!
Post a Comment