Monday, March 7, 2011

Life Post-Morning Sickness.


January and most of February was pretty miserable for me. I feel like the sun has finally come out, that picture of Brielle perfectly describes how I feel now. Two weeks ago I hit 14 weeks and I almost feel like a new woman! I still get a little bit of morning sickness but nothing like it was. It could have been worse but this time around I decided to be an intelligent human being and suffer but more of a reduced suffering. I asked for Zofran (nausea medication). It helped a lot. It didn't take the everything-around-me-is-disgusting feeling and the someone-injected-me-with-sleeping-pills feeling, but at least I was keeping some food in me.

As everyone with children knows, life has to go on, even when mother is sick...still have to take kids to school, still have to drive them to their classes, still have to go grocery shopping and cook, although we did eat crappy during those 2 months...still have to do laundry...mainly the essentials (I did 7 loads of laundry last week, I was SO behind!!!)

Let's just say that for two months, I did the bare minimum, I was so behind on EVERYTHING...my kids watched a lot of PBSKids and movies for most of January and February.

We told Brielle and Braden why I had been so sick around 12 weeks. They had been wondering what the heck was wrong with their mother! When we told them, Brielle asked:

"Did the germs make a baby in your belly?"

It was so innocent and hilarious.

The kids have made some of the miserable moments worth it with their excitement about this baby...and oh the questions! especially from Brielle...:)

We are all very excited and happy.

I think we can find out what we're having on my next visit, but Scott doesn't want to find out! I just don't know if I will be able to go that long without knowing!!!

We shall see what happens...



We had a few warm-spells in the middle of February and the kiddos begged me to go outside. It felt like we were coming out of our cave. We met up with our dear friend Rebecca for a short walk and even though, it was still a little chilly we had such a fun time! Rebecca used to be our neighbor our first year here and she is one of the kindest people we have met here in Virginia! Brielle and Braden LOVE her and she is always so sweet to them!

******

Valentine's was interesting this year...I called a babysitter and all I wanted to do is have a quiet dinner with my husband, without children constantly interrupting. We went to Texas Roadhouse, shared a meal, enjoyed a great conversation with my husband and came home. It was all I needed. A few hours later, Scott came down with the stomach flu (the kids had had it a week earlier and Scott thought he had lucked out)...not so...thank goodness it was a 24 hour bug and by Monday he was all better.


For Valentine's Day we decided to have a few friends over to decorate sugar cookies. It was fun to have everyone over.


Later on the 14th, I was craving strawberries with chocolate. Scott brought me some beautiful flowers and we enjoyed a nice evening together.

******


Mr. Braden is taking a gymnastics class and loves it. They had an observation day, where we got to be in the gym with his class. He was having so much fun and it was a blast to watch him.


His teacher is the nicest lady and so patient with the class, they are a little rowdy!:)


I love the little faces Braden makes when he jumps! Sometimes, Brielle and I laugh out-loud when we watch him! He is so cute and so into it!



******



We've had warmer days and on those days, we just HAVE to go outside and enjoy the sun and warmth.


I'm so glad it's getting warmer. My kids tend to start fighting and be grouchy when we spend so much time inside. They do play together well, but sometimes they just need to run around. They are so much happier when they get to go outside, run around and use up all of that energy!


We've all been trying to drink more water around here...


Photographed by Braden.
Here I am at 13 1/2 weeks...what I like to call the awkward stage...not quite showing but my gut is bigger.

I am 16 weeks today.

******


For almost a whole week, I ate these for lunch. A french roll with melted white cheddar, a slice of tomato and a few leaves of basil...heaven on earth!

This last week, all I wanted to eat for lunch was a sandwich wrap...

******


Last week, our friends the Gardner's invited us to go bowling with them. Last time we went bowling Braden was 1, I think. It had been a long time. The kids had a blast! Scott and I suck so much at bowling is not even funny. We do enjoy it, we just simply have no skill. Needless to say, the Gardner's kicked our trash.


Brielle and Braden had SO much fun! I even think they got better scores than Scott and I! ha!


It was fun to watch Braden..."may be if I move to the left the ball will move to the left too!!!" so funny!


Monkey.


All those bowling experts out there can criticize my form all you want...:)



Scott and I decided we need to take a bowling class. Scott more than me. ha ha!

I beat him.

Sweet victory for me. ha ha ha!

******


My dear friend Daija and Bridger came to visit us last week. I loved just hanging out and catching up. It makes me miss her so much though.

Bridger is just about the CUTEST 2 1/2 year old around. He is so smart and has THE cutest little voice. My kids had so much fun playing with him.


We loved having you Daij! Thanks for coming to see us!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ni hao mai!!! tan bacan tus fotos tia! ya un mes mas y estas ready to go prooo! que lindo el pelo de la Bri Bri!!! y el mr Braded que bello en su clase!!! les extrano un monton. el otro dia me queria regresar! mai

Sarah Stout said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Thank you for the update. It's so fun to see all that you guys have been up to recently. :)

meng said...

As always, love the update about your family. You guys are so cute.

Erika said...

All that talk about morning sickness has brought back terrible memories for me...thanks ;). Happy you're feeling well. Life feels pretty miserable when you can't do anything except sit on the couch. You're better than me though. I couldn't do anything all day, include enter the kitchen so my poor kids suffered.

Rebecca Robison said...

oh my goodness! we were looking at each others blogs at the same time! awesome! i clicked back really quick and you had left a comment! :) so glad you are feeling better. as it looks now- we will for sure be visiting you before you move... we are setting up a schedule. j and i do still want to come visit but, probably when the baby is a few months old.
so excited to continue to see your cute little pictures.
LOVE the lunches! i think you should keep photographing the lunches... they look DIVINE!

LOVE YOU!

Eric&Lisa said...

Congrats on the pregnancy Denisse! It's so hard to take care of your family when you feel so crummy :( I know my Joshua has been inside watching tv all winter...I call it 'survival mode'!

Nudge Village said...

You are such a great photographer and so good to involve Braden and Brielle in so many fun things.

Hoping that you are feeling well now.

Oh, and thank you for making me look better than I actually looked that day! Ha! I hadn't been feeling well. You are too kind.

So glad to know you guys and hope we can take some more walks soon.

Love ya!
R

Nudge Village said...

Oops! I was logged in with the wrong account. It is Rebecca here. Not sure how that happened. (-;

Jenny said...

We are SO glad that you are feeling better!! Be pregnant is rough.

Becca said...

I just love you. And your cute family. And your blog!!!

Emily and Reese said...

You tell Scott that you have GOT to find out what you are having! I don't know if I can stand it! I'm so glad that you are starting to feel like a human being! I hear ya sister! I love the 18 week bump, so cute! Love you!