Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sandy Point.




It's that time of the year again, flip flops and t-shirts...and most importantly, time spent outside and not in our cave hibernating!

Thank goodness for seasons!

Before the pool opened, we joined some of the neighbor kids and Brielle and Braden played in their sprinkler. I wish I would have taken pictures of them, they were having so much fun.


Braden, found a rolliepollie and couldn't get enough of it. I love the joys they find in the simple things...Poor rolliepollie, though, it was dropped so many times!

******

One Saturday morning in May, I woke up with a craving for ocean. Ocean smell, sand, ocean breeze. I told Scott about it and as if our brains had been communicating, he said he had been thinking the same thing! I seriously think that sometimes telepathy is real! It happens to Scott and I often...He was more along the lines of boogie boarding in the ocean, though...:)

But I figured if we both were thinking about the ocean, we had better do something about it!

So, I started looking online for the closest beach to us. I packed our lunches, changed everyone into their bathing suits and headed out the door.


And hour and a half later, this is where we ended up. Sandy Point State Park, along the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Not quite the ocean with white sand I had envisioned, but it was good enough.


It was such a beautiful day, not too hot.



The kids had a blast.


and I couldn't get enough of watching my family have fun.


They played and played...



...and played...they could spend hours and hours gathering shells and rocks and playing in the water.


We are so happy to have my brother back for a month and a half! It's always so fun to spend time with him and have him here. He is heading to China next and then Ethiopia! He is taking full advantage of being able to study abroad while doing his Master's in Global Public Health. It's fun to talk to him about his travels and the things he is learning and I love the perspective he brings. We miss him when he's gone, but he's doing what he loves.


We spent some relaxing times at the Chesapeake Bay.

A lot of these photos were taken by Kem. He's so good at seeing things I don't see through the viewfinder. Kem challenged me to use the manual focus on my 50mm. lens.

It was fun playing around with that lens.


I love how focused Mr. Braden gets when he's in the middle of a task. He reminds me of his father!:)


Have I mentioned how much I love these children? How can one love someone this much?



I love their innocence and how much they love to play!


ha ha! and I LOVE their facial expressions!!!!:)

1 comment:

Rebecca Robison said...

Take a look at your little girl! She is already beautiful-ly grown up! Love to read your stories!