I am one of those mothers that sends her children to school with mixed feelings. I can't say I'm completely sad because I'm not. I am excited for them to grow and learn. But I just can't help to feel sad and scared to send my little ones out to the world to fend for themselves. One hopes the world is kind to them.
I guess, all that is left for parents to do is to teach them to make good choices and to be kind to those around them.
Brielle was so ready to start kindergarden! She has been talking about it all summer long and how she is going to learn how to read! She can't wait!
When Tuesday came around she was full of excitement. I fixed her breakfast and she ate two bites and said she couldn't finish it because she was 'too nervous'!
Braden was excited for her and a little sad that her 'favorite sister', as he tells her, was going to be gone all day!
Brielle was SO excited to ride the school bus! Braden, Brooke and I went to drop her off. We were so sad that Scott couldn't be part of it all. He, of course, had to be at the hospital bright and early.
This is Brielle's excited expression when she saw that the bus was coming!
She gave us all hugs and kisses and went off to her first day at the big school...
I followed the bus to the school to make sure she would get there safely. I know I'm such a geek. But I just wanted to make sure! We are so lucky to have a few ladies from our ward who work at the school, so Brielle saw a few familiar faces when she got there. One of them (our stake president's wife) was ushering the kids from their bus to the gym. Brielle was so happy when she saw her!
...walking to her new classroom. Her teacher is very nice. Brielle has enjoyed her first week of kindergarden. She has been complaining though, that her teacher is not teaching her how to read yet!!! ha ha! She's sooooo anxious to read!
She comes home a little tired from a full day of kindergarden but reports to like it!
She is a good little girl and says she wants to be good and learn so she can get a little treat from the treasure chest her teacher has.
We are so proud of our little Bri bri!:)

3 comments:
Oh, you're making me nervous to send my kid off to fend for himself, next year!
But Brielle looks like she was loving it. Good job, Brielle!
That's so funny about the reading...Ella's been upset they haven't taught her how to read yet either!
How can she be this big already? It seems like you and I were just in that FL teaching methods class and now here we are years later... Crazy how times flies! She is the most adorable kindergartner! That's so cute that she wants to learn how to read so badly. I bet her teacher would kill to have more students like that! :)
Post a Comment