March 16th finally arrived!
The night before, I realized that I had scheduled an appointment with Braden's ophthalmologist on that day!
What was I thinking???
It was a full eye exam and the next available time for another appointment was until 2013!!! 2013!!!!
So my brother came to the rescue and took him to his 2 hour appointment.
We were so sad that Braden missed this important day.
The whole time we felt like a part of us was missing!
We could feel the excitement in the air when we walked into the lecture hall.
It was better than Christmas.
Such a monumental moment!
Scott was feeling butterflies the whole ride to GWU and it didn't get any better once we got there.
I started to get so anxious! Those of you who know me well, know that when I get anxious my chest starts to hurt! I had to take a few deep breaths to calm down!
I took a video of Scott opening his envelope and everyone cheering and Scott shedding tears of joy and excitement! It was such a special moment! and THEN THE MOST DEVASTATING thing happened to me!!!! ...I realized that I hadn't pushed the stupid record button!!!!!!!!! NOTHING was recorded!!! How does that happen??? I wanted to cry!!! Honestly. I did cry!
You'll just have to relive the moment as your read this!
Scott said, "WE ARE GOING TO UTAH!!!!!"
He was so happy, it was his number one choice on his rank list.
I'm so proud of him, words can't describe how I feel.
Scott has worked SO hard to get here.
That man sure has the most amazing work ethic of anyone I know.
I'm grateful that the people at the University of Utah saw that in him.
Can you tell how happy Scott is? Look at that big smile?
Spreading the good news to his dad.
We enjoyed a nice lunch and it was so fun to hear where everyone else was going.
We just can't believe that we are finally here!
The end of medical school has arrived.
Scott will be Dr. Scott Jensen in a little over a month.
It has been a long road of hard work and dedication.
We were later reunited with our little boy and my brother.
Braden said, "I missed all the fun!!"
and I don't even have a video to show him!!!
SOOOO SAD!!!! :(:(
But aside from my video incident, it was one of the BEST days and will remember it FOREVER.



8 comments:
Completely cried reading your match story! So exciting!! Knowing the importance of that day for any one in med school and reliving our match day brought all those emotions flooding back. CONGRATULATIONS to your beautiful family! My brother-in-law is just finishing up his residency at The U in Internal Med and is now headed to The Mayo for a fellowship so I know great adventures are ahead for you guys! Congrats again!!
I'm going to miss you so bad. I hate this kind of good news.
We are soooo excited for you!!! (And for us! We are thrilled to have you in Utah!) Congratulations to you guys!
We are soooo excited for you!!! (And for us! We are thrilled to have you in Utah!) Congratulations to you guys!
Ooops. Didn't mean to post twice. Just shows you just how excited I am! :) Your family is growing up so fast and are so cute! So glad things are okay with Brooke. Miss you and glad we get to see you soon!
That is so exciting! It's too bad that Brielle couldn't be there, but so awesome that you guys ended up with your first choice. Glad you'll be closer out West again! :)
Love this post! And congratulations! What an incredible feeling. I remember when I felt similar after Nicolas presented his masters thesis and we found out he had passed. I screamed and threw myself into his arms, I was so happy! We are so thrilled for you guys!!
I love this post. We are also glad that the University of Utah saw all the wonderful qualities in Scott. He is amazing!! You both deserve your number one. Too bad you didn't match in Japan :)
Post a Comment