In two weeks, we will be driving away from what has been our home these last 4 years.
We've started to pack. Not my favorite...but we've also been enjoying our last weeks here in Virginia.
I am sad to leave so many memories here.
But it's true what they say, that you take in your heart a little part of every place you live.
That's what I plan on doing.
The older children put their little sister in a box one day and were pulling her around the house.
I don't think Brooke minded one bit.
She LOVES her big brother and sister.
Messy, messy baby. She was so sleepy eating her dinner and she kept rubbing her eyes and getting carrots all over her face. We all had a good laugh...I don't think she thought it was very funny!:)
Brooke has gotten incredibly mobile...we can't let our guard down, otherwise she will get into mischief.
She is into EVERYTHING. Not particularly good timing, since our house has been a HUGE mess lately, with boxes and packing.
She is particularly interested in crumbs or little things on the floor.
She is very determined and will concentrate and pick up whatever she finds with her two little fingers...and then of course proceeds to put in her mouth! I had forgotten about this oral fixation babies have! EVERYTHING goes in their mouth.
One day, Brielle went into Brooke's room to get something and came out telling that I 'had' to come see Brooke. This is what I found! That little bum is just so cute!
******
We've been enjoying some warm days here in Virginia. One day, Holly called and invited us to go to the splash park. We of course had to join her and our buddy Preston.
We had a great time and it made me wish I could get wet too!
These two are good little buddies, despite the age difference, Braden is 5 and Preston is 3. You wouldn't know it though because Preston is as tall as Braden!:) They play well together...they get along most of the time!:)
We have a tradition in our home at dinner time, where we ask Brielle and Braden, the best and worst part of their day. Preston has made the best part of Braden's day quite a few times this last month...and I think Holly has made the best part of my day too quite a few times!:)
******
We headed to the National Zoo in D.C. one last time.
Sad Brielle missed it! :(
There is always something so intriguing about watching these animals.
Such amazing creations.
Preston and Braden have the same pair of shoes...except Preston's are a size bigger!:)
Not the best picture of anyone BUT it is the memory that counts! It was a hot, humid day that day.
We had an enjoyable time!
******
My brother's girlfriend, Tasnim, invited us to go to a cruise of D.C.
It was so thoughtful of her and it was perfect, just what we needed to say goodbye to this wonderful city.
My brother and Tasnim met up with us at the Washington Harbor. Kem rode his bike and Tasnim was riding in the back...we all thought it looked like fun so Kem gave us all a ride while we waited to board on our cruise.
We are going to miss Kemchu so, so much.
He enriches our life.
He is my favorite brother!:)
Two people...
Three people...
Four people!
I'm so sad we didn't think of grabbing Brooke! It would have been an awesome photo of the whole family!
We LOVED this cruise of DC!
D.C. is just a beautiful place.
I am so happy that we got to experience it and live here.
We were telling our kids the other day, that they got to live in our nation's capital and now they get to live in our Church's headquarters! How lucky are we?
Tasnim, this was perfect! Thank you!
There is 5 of us...man! Since Brooke has been born I'm always worried that I'm missing someone. I always have to count to make sure I have everyone! The other day, we were all walking outside and our good neighbor saw us and said hi and then said, "WOW! Look at you! There's so many of you!"
We laughed.
It's always fun to see the monuments from a different perspective.
So much beauty.
With their tío Kem! Those kids love their Kemchu.
That how Braden refers to my brother,
'my Kemchu'.
Right after our cruise of D.C. we saw these helicopters flying over head.
It must have been someone important because there were 3 of them...and one of them was equipped with rockets...crazy!
What a fun day we had!
We are definitely going to miss this place.










4 comments:
Cute! What a great time you have had in DC! I'm sure you are going to miss it so much, but it is exciting to be moving onward and upward! I can't believe you leave in 2 weeks!!! That went by so fast! Wow. I wish I was there to watch that little Brookie for you while you packed. I love that picture of her trying to pick up the crumb. Such concentration! :) Good luck packing!!
Great photos! I've been wanting to do a duck tour in the district. You will be missed!
That's so cool that you went on that boat tour! It's always hard to move away from a place, but it definitely seems like you guys have made the MOST of your time in our nation's capitol! :)
P.S. Favorite picture: Brooke's food face!
I love that baby! Such a cute bum pose.
Post a Comment