I was spoiled rotten for Mother's Day this year. Having school age children makes it almost a full week's worth of celebration. Brielle and Braden's classes had been getting ready for Mother's Days almost two weeks before the actual day so it felt like it was two weeks worth of celebration. I am so sentimental sometimes, and I will admit that I got emotional during their little songs and acts of kindness and love towards me.
Braden's Mother's Day Tea Party was so cute and he did such a good job showing off all the songs he learned.
He especially showed off how well he can recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
I must say that I was so proud of him! That little boy makes me happy.
His teacher came to talk to me after and said that he says it with that much enthusiasm 'every time'.
I smiled and my heart was happy.

I am happy to be Braden's mom. There is nothing in this world like a 'Braden hug'.
This boy is such a loving little boy. I hope he is always that way.
We had to say goodbye to such amazing teachers. These two ladies are truly incredible and so dedicated. They both were such a positive influence in Braden's life this year. He has learned so much this year of preschool. I can't believe I will be sending him off to kindergarden this fall.
I love all of the handmade gifts they made for me.
Brielle's class also had a Mother's Day Tea and I loved every second of being there. My Brielle is not little any more. She is growing and becoming quite the big girl.
I am amazed by her. Time becomes incredibly tangible when I look at Brielle.
I am the mother of a 6 year old.
Thank you dear family for making feel special this Mother's Day.
Thank you letting me know that what I do every day matters.
My only hope is that they will turn out to be good human beings and that they will have a testimony of the gospel...Is that too much to ask?
:)
******
Our last days in Virginia quickly came to an end.
Medical school was over all too quickly.
We spent the last days there, packing and packing and packing and making time to say proper goodbyes to the many amazing people we met there.
Brielle met her friend Caroline in preschool last year. Those two were like two peas in a pod...they became such good friends. They always played so well together. Caroline is a kind little friend and she absolutely loved Brielle and Brielle loved her. Through this friendship, I also made a friend, Stephanie (Caroline's mom). Stephanie is simply amazing. She is just a good woman and such a dedicated mother...such an example to me.
I am so grateful to have met this wonderful family.
******
Braden and I were able to go on a Mother-Son Date Knight at Chick-fil-A. Holly and Preston joined us and we loved that we were able to spend some good times with them before we left.

Braden was beyond excited to see the cow!
Then he became Knight Braden!
It was a fun night!
******
Since Scott will graduate from medical school only once during his lifetime, we decided to go to the Medical School Gala. It was an overpriced dinner but we were glad to be able to celebrate with the rest of his classmates this huge accomplishment.
Scott had the blessing of meeting some outstanding people during his time at GWU.
Scott and Anthony had a few rotations together and became friends. He is a really nice guy and is always amazed that Scott went to medical school with children!:)
Here we are with Selvi and her fiance. She is such a cute girl and is on her way to becoming a pediatrician. She was always so friendly to us when we saw each other at medical school functions.
She loved Brielle and Braden.
We were sad to say goodbye to the Gardner's. I'm glad we were able to sit with them at the Gala.
Mike is on his way to becoming an anesthesiologist in California.
Our overpriced dinner was actually very tasty.
It was a three course meal... and you better believe I ate every bite!
We enjoyed the night and it was fun to meet some of Scott's professors and see them in a different setting.
We danced for a while until we decided that we are getting too old for loud music!:)
It was a fun night!
******
My friend Breckin and I decided to throw a little bridal shower for our dear friend Holly who is soon to be married. Holly was a bit reluctant at first but we convinced her that it would be a fun night with the girls! I'm so glad Holly was up to it because it was such a fun night and we were glad to celebrate this exciting time in Holly's life. We couldn't be happier for her.
Holly has been such a good friend to me. I love her amazing, strong, spunky spirit!:) Love you Holly!
Such awesome women. I am lucky to know them.
We had a successful night!
******
During our last chaotic packing days in Virginia, Brooke was hitting milestones non-stop. She started to pull herself up, cruising, and got her two top teeth!
She kept us on our toes and made it challenging to pack. But it was so fun to watch her little busy body try all these new things!
She is a watermelon lover!
This is the day before our last day in Virginia. We said goodbye to two of the most kind, loving people we met there. John and Rebecca are just so amazing. Rebecca became 'Aunt Rebecca' to our children. She's such a thoughtful woman and John is just such a gentle man. We are so lucky to know them.
We miss you!
After a quite a few crazy days and what it felt like a never-ending task, we packed up our Penske truck, said goodbye to Virginia and Washington D.C. and headed to Utah.





1 comment:
Wow so many great memories! Congrats on graduating. What an accomplishment!
Post a Comment