The dream continues...and Mr. Braden will tell you himself:
Mr. Braden muses about flying almost daily.
But he has given up on a practical way to accomplish his dream...
He has resorted to magic and his little mind and heart wish so, so badly that it could work.
He LOVES the old show 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks', which according to Scott is a classic.
Braden has already watched this show like 3 or 4 times. The other day, he decided that the flying spell, Lackipo nikrif scrumpet leech, was the answer to his flying dilemma.
So, he took our broom outside and said the spell over and over:
Lackipo nikrif scrumpet leech
Lackipo nikrif scrumpet leech
Lackipo nikrif scrumpet leech
He even told me to shhhh, when I was laughing at him...not in a mocking way but in a you-have-quite-the-imagination kind of way...and he said in an exasperated tone,
'mom! I'm tyring to concentrate!, I believe, I believe, I believe in myself! I can fly!'
and repeated his spell over and over again.
His little heart desires this so bad!!!
It breaks my heart in a funny sort of way and I let him believe.
How can I shatter a 5 year old's dream to fly?
I think I have some explaining to do about humans flying...
...but I can't seem to be able to bring myself to that explaining.
The spell didn't work (obviously)...
...and now he wants a broom that looks like the one on "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" for Christmas or a Nimbus 2000...

2 comments:
cutest thing I have seen all day. Oh, it makes me wish I could give him a Nimbus 2000!
Maybe he will invent something?...
Oh my goodness, your girls are adorable but...I just love this little boy! Maybe I'm just partial to boys. ;) He is so cute. I'm so glad you write these things down and take pictures of them. I need to be better about that.
Post a Comment