Spring break was a much needed break from the monotonous school routine. Although, we didn't travel any where because Scott had to work, I made sure the kids and I had a fun time!
The kids' spring break coincided with my mom's, so she came to spend a few days with us. Which is always so nice and my kids just LOVE their abuelita! Brookes calls her "tita" and just loves her! My mom brings so much "wonderfulness" into our lives! I just made up a word! She is such an example to me of so many wonderful things, I feel so lucky that I am her daughter...I am 32 years old and she still teaches me so much about life, about living a healthy, active, happy life! She is always looking for ways to improve herself and enrich her life with the simple things of this life. She finds joy in simple things. She is a spiritual giant that guides me and is always motivating me to be better! I'm so happy that we live close! I wouldn't trade these moments that we get to share with her for anything in this world.
We went to Provo to drop her off and we headed to the Museum of Peoples and Cultures. I hadn't heard of it before but after googling about it, I decided it would be a fun place to take the kids.
It's a small museum but I thought it was perfect for the kids and their short attention spans. The exhibits were well put together and they had a little scavenger hunt to keep the kids interested.
It worked and they were able to find all the things listed on their paper.
There was a little reading and coloring area, we spent a good 30 minutes there.
It was a great little activity, but then again, I'm a fan of museums!
We went back to my mom's and had an impromptu dance party.
Abuelita has some awesome moves!
The next day, we met up with an old college friend from my BYU-Idaho days. It was so nice to see her and her beautiful children. She has four kiddos, the last one stayed home taking a nap.
It was so fun being able to catch up, meet her kids and reminisce about our college days.
So glad we got to see each other!
My friend Gretchen told me about a good deal on Groupon to this fun place. It was such a good deal we could pass the opportunity to go.
It was awesome and the kids jumped and jumped and jumped!
We have such a good community of friends here and it has been such a blessing to have people around me that know and are going through the same arduous process of raising a family and doing a medical residency. I have an amazing support system and these families are such a blessing. I honestly feel so grateful.
The rest of spring break was spent in the garden and our backyard, trying to get everything ready for gardening season. Our backyard needed some MAJOR TLC (tender loving care)! It was ugly and we didn't even want to spend time out there it was so ugly! Scott has been doing most of the work on his days off. He worked for a landscaping company right before his mission so he learned some skills!:)
We've been working hard beautifying it and getting our soil ready for our little vegetable garden.
My sister's husband got some tickets to conference, so he shared a few with us and we were able to go to the Saturday afternoon session. I was hoping Scott could come, but he had to work both days! Bummer. So I went with my mom. It is always so special being there in the presence of the prophet and apostles.
The Conference Center is massive.
On Sunday, we watched it from home and it was just what I needed. So many inspiring messages. I'm so grateful that we get this kind of spiritual boost twice a year!

1 comment:
Checking in! I love reading your posts! You are such a positive person Denisse and I love that. I also love reading about the fun adventures you've been on. You are so good at getting out and exploring your surroundings.
Post a Comment