Mother's Day this year was so nice. Scott and the children made sure to give me the day off, which was so thoughtful. I was especially, happy that Scott had the day off. I'm grateful for my family and the privilege I have to be a mother to Brielle, Braden and Brooke.
I often say this, but motherhood is the most refining experience, I have gone through in my life. Every stage is different and each one brings an array of challenges and joys. I live and I learn. I often use prayer and my gut feeling as my guide, but my communication skills are never good enough. The only constant I have is my desire to love these three children. Communicating that love is often a challenge. How do you communicate to a child that the reason for so many things that they "have to do", but don't want to do is because you love them and want them to create good habits in their lives and learn good from wrong and grow to live to be productive human beings? Sometimes, I get so caught up in the menial way of life, that I neglect to communicate the deep love I have for them. I have been reflecting on the effect that giving and showing love has on human beings...love is the greatest thing we can give one to another.
I am grateful for motherhood, because it teaches me everyday how much I can love. Before becoming a mother, I never realized that I had this much love to give, I need to communicate the love I feel for my children better. I know I can improve.
I am grateful every day of this life for Brielle, Braden and Brooke. I have never in my life, experienced this much joy, the kind of joy that makes my heart swell and produces tears to roll down my cheeks.
These three children bring the most intense joy into my life, they give my life meaning and they teach me so many things everyday. I am grateful I have Brielle and her spunky, joyous personality, Braden with his wit and creative ways and Brooke with her curiosity.
Each of them is unique and wonderful and they are my children forever!
I feel deeply grateful.
My life would feel incomplete without them!

2 comments:
Glad your Mother's Day was special Denisse. Thanks for your thoughtful post.
Vanessa is so cute! It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I can't wait to see you again soon.
Post a Comment