Monday, October 28, 2013

Around Here│Keeping up with life

School is in full swing and we have been back into our routine, which is great.  We are all trying to keep up with the demands of life, kids with school, homework and extracurricular activities, Scott with his second year of residency, Brooke's main job is to grow and make messes and keep me extra busy and me well...all I know is that at the end of the day I'm exhausted.  But life is good and I count my blessing every day.    


At the end of August, Brielle did a mini-cheer camp with her friend from school.  It was a lot of fun and kept her busy for a couple of weeks.  Then they had their big performance at the high school football game.  
I had forgotten what it was like to be around high school students...they have so much energy.  It was a fun experience for Brielle.  I like activities that give my children confidence and this mini-cheer camp did just that, and it didn't hurt that she did it with her good little friend from school.  



*****

Scott had a week off the first week of September and we headed to Idaho to go to the Idaho fair.  It was a spontaneous trip, we were totally planning for a staycation.  But Scott really wanted to go so we packed up and went.  We had such a great time and it's always so fun to spend time with Scott's family. 



The kids got to do the rides.  



The Ferris wheel seems so inoffensive but it scares me.  I am afraid of heights.
It's just so high up there!


Brielle and Braden wanted to do this little roller-coaster.  Brielle seemed to enjoy it for the first two rounds...


By the third round, she had had it! She wanted to get off so bad but it just kept going and going.  Poor little girl...but we couldn't stop laughing, it was pretty hilarious.  
I don't think she's a fan.


We had some fair food and played hard.  
It was such a fun day.  


Lanie, as always is the funnest aunt.  The kids loved hanging out with her while we were there.  

******


Brooke and I spend a lot of time together while the older kids are in school.  
We often go on walks and she of course has to bring her stroller with her baby and pony.  
She is growing so much and talking so much...it still seems to me, that she should be little.  But she's not.  She is a two year old and no one can stop her from growing. 



She's a very good little mommy to her baby and pony.  She's a spunky little girl and is often making me laugh with the things she says.  

1 comment:

granyj said...

WHAT A FUN TIME YOU'VE ALL HAD AND THE CHILDREN GROWING UP WAY TOO FAST!!