Saturday, April 5, 2014

Brielle's Baptism

After all of the birthday celebrations and all the preparation for Brielle's baptism, the day finally came! 
I can't believe it is all over and she is already baptized.  
Scott and I wanted this day to be special for Brielle and we wanted her to feel the important commitment that she was making to be baptized as a member of our Church. 
After many months of preparation and many teaching moments, we asked Brielle if she was ready to make these covenants.  We wanted to make sure she understood that it was a choice and not just something we do out of tradition. 

Brielle was ready to be baptized.  We were so glad when we found out that the day of baptisms in our stake for the month of February was going to be on her actual birthday, February 9th.  I think that made it even extra special.  She got baptized right on her birthday.   




We were so grateful to have so many of our family here with us to share this big event in Brielle's life.  
My brother surprised us from D.C. the day before her baptism.  
It was such a fun surprise.  


We also had my sister and her family, Penny, Jana and her family and other friends joined us.  



It was such a special day and I was so grateful that Brielle has a good dad who was worthy to baptize her.  I think it was a special day for Scott too as he was able to baptize our first born.  
We all felt so blessed that day. 
The service was beautiful and the talks were so good.  Brielle got to play the piano as the musical number.  She played, 'I like to look for rainbows'.  It was so sweet and she did such a good job.   
The Spirit was strong as we witnessed our daughter making covenants with our Heavenly Father and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.  


Brielle and her good little friend Abby got to be baptized on the same day.  
The Nelsons are such good people and we were glad that these two little friends got to share this special day together. 


It was so nice to have these little cousins join us and be part of such a special day! 

It was a day I wish I could bottle up and relive once in a while.  
Brielle is a good little girl, full of life and ready to choose the right! 
We couldn't be more blessed.  

2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Oh how fun that Kem could be there too! :)

Unknown said...

I loved being there. It was one of the most special days I can remember. If you figure out to bottle it, please pass a bottle to me, too. I'd love to relive it once in a while!