We had a few appointments that afternoon to go see places...the very first place we saw was a very cute condo 3 bedroom 2 bathroom in Fairfax, Virginia for $1600 a month!!!!! INSANE!!!!! On Friday, we saw some other cute and trashy places for about that price or more! It's all about location there so they can get away with charging so much money just because it's closer to D.C. We debated between the condo in Fairfax and a house in Maryland (thanks Daij for sending the info on that house!!). Waaaay cute house, with a backyard, it was huge and well kept for $1650 plus all of the utilities (gas, electricity, water, garbage, mowing the lawn, etc, etc.) about $250 to $300 a month. After giving it much thought and consideration we decided to take the condo in Fairfax. We only have to pay for electricity, so our total every month will be a lot less expensive! Although, we fell in love with the house in Maryland, I think the condo will meet our needs just fine and it is in a really, really, cute community. We have a play area for the kids right behind our place and it is about a 40-45 minute commute for Scott to GWU. We drove so much and saw about 7 places in total. The traffic is insane there, that whole area is HUGE!!!! Soooo many people, sooo many trees and soooo much traffic.
I think I have become a small town girl because I was feeling a bit claustrophobic there. I hope I get used to it, I think I will...there's sooo much to do there! And both Scott and I were particularly impressed with the people...everyone is so friendly and helpful. Scott and I are excited for this change even though there are times when we both have no idea how we are going to make it!!! Thank goodness for student loans. Everything is so expensive there...so we are just praying to Heavenly Father that I won't have to go to work...my children need me...I don't want to miss out on the little things that they do everyday...we are relieved that this trip went like planned and that we will have a place to live when we get there in July!:)
We went to a Peruvian Restaurant with my family, we had a fun time! There are so many Peruvian Restaurants in Arlington, Scott and I are sooo excited!!!! Peruvian food is the best!
Braden was so tired from the trip, he was cuddling with his tío Kem. I love you Kemchu, thank you for being a good uncle to my kids.
This is the entrance to the condo, the arrows are pointing to our windows. We are in the bottom floor. It will be nice not to go up stairs with the kids.
The whole condo has hardwood floors.
The kitchen...my least favorite part of the condo...oh well...it meets our needs and someday I will have a nicer kitchen.
The master bedroom.





14 comments:
I love it! I think it will be great for you guys. I totally understand living with a kitchen that you don't love. I still don't like our kitchen, but the rest of the apartment makes up for it, I think your condo will be the same way. I can't wait to see it. :)
Denise,
Hey, this is Stephanie Long. I doubt you remember me but I use to be one of your Spanish 101 students at BYU-Idaho a few years back and I worked with your husband on Scroll for a bit. Somehow I found your blog and I just wanted to say congrats on finding a place back East.
I was raised in Maryland, just outside DC, so I understand the price crunch and all that. I actually currently live there and work for a newspaper in Maryland, so I really understand. It sounds like you got a good deal though, for the area, believe it or not. And don't worry, you'll end up loving it, the people and trees. It's a great place to live.
Anyways, good luck with your impending move.
- Stephanie Long
Sounds like you guys had a crazy trip. I'm so glad you were able to find a place to live. I also understand about the kitchen... someday right? :) Good luck with packing and all that comes with moving.
Denisse
I'm glad you found a decent place, that is some times hard to find in big cities. It looks so cute though! I was so bummed out that you were not in town when I was in Rexburg, I wish so bad I could have visited with you, oh well. We'll have to take a trip out to DC and visit you guys :) I have yet to go there. Well good luck with all the moving and starting this new chapter in your life, so much change, it's HARD! A lot of prayers will get you through and it seems like you've got yourself a good hubby.
Does your floor have hard wood floors too? I am so glad you found a good, cute place. Hope you guys have had time to re-coop from all that traveling!
Someday, we're going to have to try peruvian food :)
I'm glad you found a place! I think that is the scariest part of moving. Every time we move that is the thing that stresses me out the most. I'm also glad Braden was good for you, what a trooper!!
Hey Denisse! Your family is oh so cute! I found you on Brenda's page, by the way. Hope you are doing well and good luck with DC. WOW! Hop on over and see the redheaded muppet sometime... or shoud I say Brenda?
I'm glad you found a home. I know it can be pretty stressful! I'm excited for you guys! You'll have a lot of fun adventures.
Your condo looks great! I love those floors. I bet you are relieved that you have a place to move into. Have fun packing and making the big trip to a new place. You will get used to the "big" city feel. I felt the same way about coming to San Antonio. :)
Welcome to the east... where you pay ten times more for less than you had before. It's a little disheartening but the education back here is really unmatched. It will be a bit of culture shock, but I think you'll love it. There are lots of options within walking distance here. (No more driving to Idaho Falls to get to a mall!) I hope you love it.
I'm so glad your trip was successful. How fun (and crazy)! And congrats on finding a place to live. The condo is darling, and sounds like it will work well. We're so sad to see you guys go, but we hope you have such a fun time. Let us know if you need any help! Love ya!
Congrats on finding a place to live. We will have to get together when we come visit back there. You will get used to the traffic and the metro will become your new friend.
What a relief! It must be nice to know where you are going and to be anticipating all of your upcoming adventures. We are so excited for you and can't wait to see you...here in Cleveland and in DC!! We are coming for sure! I think we should take the kids to the Easter egg hunt at the White House. I know...I am thinking way ahead but I think it would be so much fun!
i am so glad you found a place to live, it's really cute! how nice you were able to meet up with your family! you guys will be in DC in no time, so fun!!!!
thanks for teaching me how to put shadows behind my pictures; the pages look so much better!
Post a Comment