Our ward had a "trunk or treat" this last Saturday...it was pouring pretty much all day so they had to move it inside. They decided to decorate a few classrooms instead. We got to decorate our classroom with another couple (Bobbi and Troy), I'm soooo sad that I didn't take any pictures...it turned out really fun! Bobbi brought a bunch of fun decorations and combined with our stuff our classroom was looking scaaaaryyy!!!!!!! The kids went trick or treating and ended up with a bunch of candy! We had a great time!!! Braden was spiderman...he refused to wear the little mask that came with the costume...oh well...Scott and I decided to take the easy road and we dressed up as doctors!!!
And...Miss Brielle of course wanted to be Cinderella...she LOVES everything princess.
We finally got around to going to a pumpkin patch! It was windy and chilly that day, but Brielle and Braden always manage to have a blast no matter what! They had these really fun tunnels and they played there for about an hour.



On Sunday, we had the great blessing of going to watch the Joseph Smith movie at the visitor's center with the elders and our new friend Sergio. Scott has been going with the elders to teach Sergio for the last month and he is getting baptized in two weeks!!!!!!!!! We are soooo happy!!!! He is such a great guy. So, this last Sunday the elders invited Scott and I to go with them to watch the movie and walk around the temple grounds. I have to say that I bawled my eyes out in the movie!!!! Oh my heck!!!!!! I don't think I've cried that hard in a long, long time. What a powerful movie! If you haven't seen it, you better go watch it! It is amazing! What an awesome production and what a testimony builder of Joseph Smith.
My sister spent a few days with us this week, it is always nice to have her come over. The kids have a great time with her and I'm grateful for her help. We went to Chipotle on Tuesday and it was one of those great days that could have turned into a tragic day. We were walking out of Chipotle and we were taking pictures right outside, this place is like an open mall with shops and restaurants and roads between strips of the stores and restaurants...I don't know if you can picture it...but I got distracted for a second looking at the pictures in my camera that we had just taken. Braden was in the stroller but Brielle was walking. We were standing on the sidewalk, when I looked up, Brielle had ran onto the road and was about to get run over by a car...I screamed and everything just started to go into slow motion...I saw the car...then I saw Brielle...the guy started to slam on his breaks, but he wasn't going to stop in time...then my sister grabbed her (she was closer to her than I was). She seriously was 3 feet from getting killed...just writing about it makes me cry. I bawled my eyes out...It was the worse scare I have ever had in my life...we had a serious talk about holding an adult's hand at ALL times when we are outside...and I just held her for a long, long time and I couldn't hold back the tears. I love my kids so much. I can't see my life without them...it is amazing the love that you feel for your children...you just can't describe it with words. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father was watching over Brielle that day and that my sister was with us.
What would I do without my favorite little girl???!!!!:)
Have I mentioned how much I love my little Braden??? He is a boy after my own heart, he LOVES sucking on lemons or limes! Brielle does too. Growing up I'd always suck on limes with salt...hmmmm!!! soooo good! And I put lemon or lime juice on everything! Somos verdaderos latinos!!!!:)
I promise I don't talk politics with my children...ha ha ha!!!! I seriously don't know how she caught on to that...the only tv we watch is Dancing with the Stars and every time, she's says Barack Obama when he comes on and she also knows John McCain...but I guess...she's decided that she'll be voting for Obama!!! ha ha!!!!!:)






14 comments:
Haha... that video is so funny! Wow, you guys sure have been busy. I think that's awesome that you guys are working with that investigator. It's nice to have friends when you join the church. Good for you guys!
I can't believe that happened with Brielle! I can only imagine what a scare it was for you. I would have bawled too! At least it taught her a good lesson about holding hands with an adult.
As for the pumpkin patch and Halloween pictures, YOU HAVE THE CUTEST KIDS! I'm serious, Denisse. They are so precious. Thank you for sharing stories about their lives with us. It makes me feel like I get to know them a little bit. :)
That picture of Braden at the pumpkin patch is priceless! Your kids are so adorable!! I completely understand about having a busy week. It seems like the older they get the more you have to watch them because of all the trouble they can get into!
I'm glad Brielle is OK. Chloe did that about a year ago. It scared me and after her coming within inches of a car's bumper we bought a "backpack" aka leash. I still make her wear it if she is having a crazy day and I know she wont stay by me. Some people look at me weird, but I'd rather have her safe on a leash than running away and getting hurt or someone taking her.
I'm glad you guys are having fun! Happy Halloween!!
haha! Bubba would suck on limes too when Kem lived with us! Kem thought it was hilarious, he wouldn't even make a face or anything. I guess he has some diluted Latin blood in him?
That's scary about Brielle. Bubba did something silimar when he was younger only it was right in front of our house! And it was also RIGHT after I told him not to go near the street... Almost gave me a heart attack!
The Jensen Fam has certainly been busy! I am so glad that sweet Brielle is safe: how awful! I love Spiderman and Cinderella...I hope you have a Happy Halloween!
Oh goodness! What a busy week you guys have had. I'm so sorry the about the scare you had with Brielle! That's terrifying! Thank heavens she's ok. Your pictures are so cute. I love their little costumes!
I absolutely love your fun Halloween pictures!! You kids are just adorable!!!!
Your story about Brielle made me cry, just imagining it! I'm so glad that your sister was there and paying attention, that is so scary.
You guys are so cute, it looks like you've had fun!
Oh my heck Denisse, I would have been so scared!! I am so glad that your sister was there to help you out that day!! IT makes me want to NEVER let go of Jack!! OH man, I got a nervous feeling in m stomach while I was reading this.
That video is so funny!!! I love the way she says his name too.
And Mr. Braden is adorable!! I was looking at your family pictures on the side of your blog and he looks so little in them! He is getting so big and is the CUTEST little boy!!! He looks cute in his Spiderman costume. :) Hope you guys had a Happy Halloween!
I laughed so hard at that cute video! What a good little talker! Terrifying story of Brielle and the car! A mother's worst nightmare. I'm glad she's okay.
hey denisse!
I love reading your blog. Your kids are the cutest! I love your pictures! You guys have so many awesome things around you. I am glad you are such a brave, energetic fun, and you get out there and do it all! The DC temple is sooo beautiful! WOW! The halloween pics are so cute too!
OH my! You have had a busy fall! Your children look so cute in their costumes:)
And I loved watching your little video about Obama.
But seriously Denisse your story about little Brielle was so moving. I bet you just thank God everyday for protecting her!
Happy Halloween! It sounds like you guys had such a great time, and the costumes turned out fantstic! I can relate well with Brielle - I love anything princess too and would have to be a Cinderella if I were festive enough to dress up. :-)
Isn't the Joseph Smith movie amazing?! I'm glad you got to see it. I've seen it a few times, and I've cried like crazy every time. It's so powerful! And congrats on Sergio getting baptized. Yeah!
What a scary thing with Brielle almost getting hit! It almost made me cry just reading it. Oh, I'm so glad she was protected too. Kids are difficult sometimes, but they're so worth it! The love you have for them is incredible, isn't it?
Hummm...sounds to me like you are brainwashing your children at a young age! :) So funny!!! How was it to vote?? Miss you Dee, no baby yet, was due yesterday!!! We'll text you when she comes! Love you!
Love the pictures. Your kids are too cute! I can't believe how big they are getting!
Post a Comment