Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Unforgettable Birthday...

I had the most bizarre, crazy, funny birthday I've ever had! I started the morning making soup to take to Super Saturday where I was also teaching a digital scrapbooking class at 11am. I didn't sign up for any of the crafts thinking that I'd rather sleep in on my birthday and I'd just show up 20 minutes before my lesson. But I felt bad that only 4 sisters had signed up to take soup so I decided I would sign up to help out. So much for sleeping in I got up at 7:45am worried that I needed to run to the store to get a few things I was missing. I made the soup, got ready and asked Scott if he would help me out, because I had the crockpot, a bag with the laptop and my purse. So Scott helped me out and of course Braden starts freaking out because he is so attached to me and is sad that I'm leaving. We let him come out to wave good-bye. I was pulling out of my parking space and was waving good-bye to Braden at the same time and was somewhat distracted. As I'm pulling out I realize I probably don't have enough room to pull out (this whole time I'm trying to console Braden from the car and was waving good-bye) but I decided to just go for it and pulled out of my space thinking that I'd probably make it out okay, next thing I know I scratched our neighbor's back pumper on their nice white car. What a moron!!! I was so mortified! I asked Scott, "What should we do? We don't even know our neighbors, they live in the building next to us and I have may be seen then once or twice." He told me to just go to my meeting and he wrote a note and left our phone number. Scott was so sweet and didn't make me feel dumb or anything, he made me feel better about it and was really sweet. But, I couldn't believe that happened to me and to make matters worse right on my birthday!!!! I felt like such an idiot. We have some white paint on the right side of our front bumper, but nothing serious. I scratched a little bit of paint off their car, nothing too serious...but still...I would have been so annoyed if someone did that to our car... and now they have to file a claim, our insurance is going to go up, etc, etc, etc...Needless to say, I will be more careful from now on getting out of our parking spot.

I had a great time at the Super Saturday, I taught my lesson and I wasn't so mortified after a while. Then, I came home and my family came to spend the day with us. Scott wanted to take me shopping to the outlets for my birthday, my sweet mom and Nya stayed with the kids, while Scott and my brother came shopping with me. We had such a fun time! I love spending time with those two. Shopping takes forever and by the time we were done it was about dinner time, the kids had already eaten at home, so we (Scott, Kem and I) decided to go to the Macaroni Grill. We had a good dinner and the food was awesome. It was our first time at the Macaroni Grill. I enjoyed the company, the conversation and the food. Everything was great until we headed to the car (and get ready because this might be a little bit too graphic for some)...we were pulling out and my brother tooted! Yes, he tooted (he won't be happy that I'm sharing this but oh well...) so, then I started gagging soooooo bad!!!! I don't even know why because it wasn't even a stinky one!!!:) I seriously don't know what went wrong, but I was gagging and laughing uncontrollably!!! It was RIDICULOUS! Until I couldn't control it any longer, we were waiting at a red light, I opened my door and puked! It was disgusting! I don't know why but I thought this was the funniest thing ever, I was laughing so hard. It was so weird! My brother felt so bad. But we all just ended up laughing about it. I don't know if something must not have settled well with my stomach or what was the problem but I had no food left in my stomach after the incident!


That was my birthday on Saturday! We didn't take any pictures, which might be a good thing considering the events of the day! I did get a few cute things at Forever 21 (my favorite store!) and I am grateful to my mom and sister who stayed with the kids because shopping is impossible when they are around!!!:) I did miss my kiddos though and wished that we all could have gone to dinner together. It was a birthday that I will NEVER forget!!!:) And by the way, I turned 28 and this is how I feel about it:

16 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Oh man, Denisse! What a crazy birthday! Don't worry about scratching you neighbor's car. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. At least, like you said, you're going to learn from this experience, right?

I also can't believe you threw up! That's so funny! Maybe it was your reaction to turning 28, which is NOT a bad age, by the way. I'm turning 27 in a few months, and I haven't done half the things you have (e.g. get married, have one kid, have another, etc.). Keep living life to the fullest and enjoy everyday. AND... happy belated birthday! :)

Becca said...

Denisse,

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Those stories are too funny- sounds like an eventful day. Just wanted to stop by to say- we're glad that you were born!!! :)

Anonymous said...

mai...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a busy but fun birthday and hope you are feeling better

Alexandria Rammell said...

that really is so funny. I did that last week changing a diaper I felt so dumb.

S and RA Beazer said...

Happy Belated Birthday. What an adventurous day.

brittanyandtravis said...

What an eventful day! Happy birthday!

Jani Jo said...

Love that face Denisse:) So you guys went to Woodbridge Prime Outlets? I love that place. That is the best documentation of a birthday..they just aren't as cool as when we were little, huh? Anyways, happy LATE birthday!

Seth and Emily said...

Oh Denisse! Happy Birthday! I am sorry you had such a crazy day, but it makes for a crazy story, and is fun to tell later. It's good that you were laughing.Thank you for always commenting on my blog, you are one of the only ones, and it makes me feel like I'm not doing it for nothing. Man, I just miss you. We will have to come out to D.C. sometime.

meng said...

Happy Birthday! You are so cute!

Justin and Stacey said...

Okay....I am laughing so hard!! YOu are too funny Denisse. Why would you throw up?? Haha!! Hilarious! I am glad you had such a happy birthday despite your crazy morning!!

Betsy Hollingshead said...

Somehow it does not surprise me that you gagged. Remember the shower incident at Beehive Manor? Anyway, I love your face in that picture!

Kris said...

Oh Denisse you made me laugh so hard, well not at the car situation but the gaging one. I needed a good laugh! You are too funny! I'm sorry you threw up though, that is no fun.

Emily and Reese said...

Dee! This post made me laugh out loud! I'm glad your birthday was "unforgettable"!!! Love ya!

Kadie said...

What a story! I guess you have to make b-days memorable somehow! :)

The Wrays said...

Happy Birthday! don't worry your still young, both you and your husband look like your 16. take care, you are awesome.