1. Roommates-who became my best friends. 2. Meeting the man of my dreams in a Spanish class and marrying him in the Idaho Falls Temple. 3. Giving birth to my two children at Madison Hospital. 4. Porter's-oh how I miss that store! 5. Millhallow-best sandwiches in the world. 6. Idaho sunsets-seriously the best ones. 7. Idaho summers-I have the most amazing memories of my summers in Idaho. I met Scott in the summer of 2003. 8. Driving through Main Street Rexburg during Christmas time. 9. Country Keepsakes-this little home decor store right on Main Street in Rexburg. Every time I'd walk into that store the lady would always ask me how my children were doing and sometimes she'd even give me a deal! 10. Meeting some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life-professors, friends, bishops, neighbors, students, associates either through work or Church or whatever. I met some pretty AMAZING people there (I still keep in touch with a lot of them). 11. Scott's grandparents (all 4 of them) I'm just a fan of grandparents! I had the blessing of meeting these wonderful people. All 4 of them grew up, lived long amazing lives in Idaho. Only one is alive today. 12. Idaho's clear nights...when you can see the Big Dipper...I love Idaho's skies. I haven't seen a sky like Idaho's anywhere...and I've been a few places. 13. Open spaces. I love it that you can see miles and miles ahead. 14. Puerto Vallarta-the most amazing Mexican Restaurant in Idaho Falls. I miss it! 15. Fong's! Cheap and yummy (although some people would beg to differ about the yummy part):)... 16. No traffic-I love that about Idaho! Really, 17th Street in Idaho Falls is nothing! 17. Courteous drivers-(although someone did give me the bird once in Idaho Falls, it was definitely my fault!) but even though Idaho drivers drive a little slow, they are good drivers...I never got road rage in Idaho. (They don't tail gate--like my fellow Utah drivers...and they don't cut into your lane without any kind of signal--like my fellow Virginia drivers...hello! That's why we have blinkers!!!)....
I could go on and on...but I think you get the idea...too bad I couldn't give that guy all of my reasons why I think Idaho is not boring!!!:)


9 comments:
AH... you're making me miss Idaho! I really had so much fun there and most of my friends now are a result of my time in Rexburg. Thank goodness for sweet memories and amazing people, like yourself! :)
All I can say is "AMEN!" NYC is no comparison, or the entire east coast for that matter. I love Idaho.
While I love the area you live in and can hardly wait to come visit,I think Idaho is wonderful. Just ask my husband. He teases me all the time that now I don't have any reason to visit Rexburg. I love the rolling fields and the farmhouses that dot those fields. I also love that Country Keepsakes store, she really doesn't care that I'm not a local or a student. Idaho gives you a chance to get to know yourself. Maybe having time for quiet introspection would seem boring to some.
cute post. i loved the list of things you love about idaho. i miss some of those same things soooo much too, i really do miss it there (except maybe fongs, not my cup of tea).
Oh I so agree! Thank you for posting about dear Idaho. Sometimes I forget about all those wonderful aspects of it. We love being in Idaho.
This was such a great post! So true, all of it! You're lucky you got to keep your plates for a while. We had to immediately change to OH plates for like a million dollars. Seth and I are going to UT this week, and we can't go all the way across the country without visiting some of our dear friends in ID! We can only stay one day, and that isn't enough time to see everyone!
Anyway, Denisse, I need your email address. Will you send it to me? It's just my first and last names (no punctuation or spaces) with a 4 at the end @gmail.com I have some great news for you, and questions for you too!
I miss Fong's,too. Panda Express just isn't cutting it!
It's kind of a fair question, especially in comparison to all the awesome stuff you have to do in D.C. but I've got to agree with you...Idaho is where my heart will always lie. I love that state and there is nowhere I'd rather live.
And I totally agree about the drivers. Utah is so terrible, I think it has the worst driver's in the entire U.S.
NO IDAHO IS NOT BORING. WEDS. WAS BEAUTIFUL AND WARM, THURSDAY COLD AND WINDY. FIR.A.M. I GOT UP TO SNOW ALL AROUND THAT HAS MELTED TODAY. NOW IS THAT BORING ARE WHAT???
Post a Comment