Sunday, April 18, 2010

A 24/7 Job Forever.

We have been outside almost every day the last 2 weeks...life is much more fun when we can go outside to play!

...so this is what we've been up to lately...writing with chalk on the sidewalk...

we've been having picnics outside...

...Blowing bubbles...

taking pictures...

Since I got my Nikon I don't use my little point and shoot that much, so I let the kiddos take it around to take pictures one day...

They both had sooo much fun! and I had fun watching them take pictures...

Here's photography by Braden...a picture of his shoes...:)

One day we went out and they just kicked the ball around...I must say that Braden was a natural...I may have a soccer player in my hands??? may be? he may just be the next Pele? Maradona? hmm...

This last Saturday, our stake had a Women's Conference. It was amazing! Words cannot describe how inspired and uplifted I felt in the two classes I went to. I went to "Be Your Best Self" class about women's health and a "Raising LDS Children in the Latter Days" class. Both were amazing and I learned so much!

From the health class I basically learned that turning 30 is indeed as SCARY as I'm thinking it's going to be and that getting old is just plain a tragedy!!!:) and if I don't die of breast cancer I will most likely die of heart disease! and if it's not heart disease I will probably get osteoporosis! Crazy! I also learned that sugar is bad bad bad for you! The average American consumes 135 pounds of sugar a year!!!!! What? If that is not crazy, then I don't know what is!!!!!!!

No. But in all seriousness I was enlightened by EVERYTHING that was said in that class...sometimes we don't think we have power over our health but we do...and so much of it is in our diet. We have power to live healthier lives...we just need to make the choice...I feel so inspired to eat better. More protein, more whole grains...less carbs...less sugar...drink more water...

The parenting class was equally as enlightening...and in the words of President Faust:

"There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation."

And yes, it is a 24/7 job FOREVER...it will never end...we don't retire from parenting...and even though there are times when I just want to pull my hair out when I'm at home with my kids all day, every day, day after day...not everything is perfect...my house is often a mess, there are dishes in the sink...etc, etc, etc...this is where and what I need to be.

I watched Elder Uchtdorf's talk the other night, that he gave to the Young Women. If you are in need of some MAJOR inspiration today you can READ it HERE, it's called "Your Happily Ever After"

The talk made me think of my Brielle because she loves princesses so much...

"Happily ever after" is not something found only in fairly tales. you can have it! It is available for you! But you must follow your Heavenly Father's map."



...and that map for me right now at this point of my life is this 24/7 job.

I'm employed by my children.

"...be strong and of good courage. You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your "once upon a time" is now."

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf

...and can someone please tell me...

How and when did this happen?:

How can they change so much?

Seriously...when...where was I? Was I really here witnessing this change?

Now, I understand why they say to SOAK up every second of this time...because this is what happens my friends...they grow...WAY. TOO. FAST.

It may seem slow day in and day out but it really is happening in the blink of an eye...

I don't want to miss it...

13 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for this post! I needed that. :) You're a wonderful mom.

Unknown said...

Another excellent post! Motherhood is amazing, challenging yet perfectly amazing and the greatest joy. Thanks for your thoughts. I too LOVED our RS Conference and the YW broadcast!

You are a wonderful mother and your kids love you!

PS I need to get some photography tips from you, I want to know what settings you use most often and do you always edit your pictures or do they just turn out so beautiful on their own? :) You truly have a talent!

Jani Jo said...

I love the idea of the Women's Conference; thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts! Especially w/Mother's Day right around the corner:) And I also agree that you have a true, natural talent for photography Mrs. Jensen! Come do a photo shoot for my kids...my pics don't do them justice. Please share any helpful photo tips so that I can be cool like you!

Sarah Stout said...

Such an adorable post and pictures... You are such an inspiration, Denisse. You're a REAL mom who works hard and it shows by how happy you and your children are. I know you'll be blessed for appreciating motherhood and the time you spend with your children.

Corrine said...

love, love, love this post!! you are very talented! I love the pictures of the kids with the camera; both their fingers are over the flash. And I agree with the fact they grow too fast!! It is kinda sad... love your pics and blog!

Rebecca Robison said...

i love reading your posts as well. really. my arms always get goosebumps when i read your blog.

inspiration.

grandma said...

OH HOW MUCH I'M MISSING AS THOSE SWEET CHILDREN CHANGE. I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES BUT THE BLACK AND WHITE BROUGHT MEMORIES OF DAYS WHEN THAT WAS WHAT YOU GOT. HOW DID YOU CATCH THAT LAST POSE OF BRIELLE? LOVE IT LOVE IT SHE'S GOING TO BE A HEART BREAKER ALL TOOOO SOON. OH AND BRADEN HAS CHANGED SO MUCH AND YET IS THAT SWEET LITTLE BOY I LOVE.

idaho grandma said...

Your kiddo are so dang cute. Love the younger ones and then comparing them to today. How cute!!! You can see their little personalities in each picture. Hope all is well and love to catch up on you once in awhile. Love you guys...Denise H.

Sam said...

Love that last picture...she looks so sassy! ;) Adorable!

Giles Fam said...

i love this post! :) thank you

Timber said...

Denisse,
YOU ARE AN EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED PERSON AND A LOVELY MOTHER. Your kids are so cute. They grow so fast. love ya. Timber

brittanyandtravis said...

great post! I completely feel the same way. And I loved those talks. Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, Denisse! Your post made me cry, especially at the end. You are so right about our little ones growing up so fast. Sometimes I look at Hayley and am seriously baffled at how much she has grown! You're an amazing woman and great example. :) Thank you sharing your wonderful blog!