The weather was somewhat nice on Saturday, so we headed to Roosevelt Island in D.C. I have been wanting to go there for a while now and we finally got around to it.
The island is right in the Potomac River. There are a few short trails to hike.
We brought our lunches and ate them there. They have a lot of benches to sit on. It's the perfect place to go and enjoy some time in the outdoors.
It is such a beautiful place...I can only imagine what it looks like when all the trees are green and the fountains are up and going. We are definitely coming back this spring.
The boys having a "stick" battle.
After eating lunch and hanging out at the Memorial Plaza, we started our little hike. It's still dreary out there, but I was so excited when I saw some signs of spring!
It made me so happy!
We spend some time at the shore of the Potomac. The kids LOVED it!
Brielle posing for the camera. She definitely has a mischievous little face.
I don't know what Scott was telling the kids, but they were both intently looking at him.
We were sitting by the rocks enjoying the beautiful breeze and view. It was a little nerve-wracking at times with the kids though.
The thought that a year from now we are going to be planning a move, makes me very sad. I know I say it all the time, but I absolutely LOVE living in D.C/Virginia.
It is just beautiful.
My little Braden is growing up and he is not my little baby any more. I have mixed feeling about that.
We enjoyed each other's company. The kids were so pleasant and happy.
They explored, Brielle found tons of "precious" rocks. Braden had a full selection of sticks to choose from. Scott and I just enjoyed being together as a family. It was just a wonderful perfect day. The kind of day, you wish your kids will remember forever.
I think we wore those kiddos out! On the way out of the island, this is what they did. They just laid on the ground.
...and of course Mr. Braden begged to bring a stick home.
What do you say to a little face like that?
It was a perfect afternoon.





3 comments:
That pic of Scott and Brielle gave me goosebumps! I love Daddy/child pictures. So cute. You should frame it for her.
Your kids are so cute. I can't wait for another little Jensen baby to join the clan!! We were able to go outside today and spend some time as a family and there is almost nothing better than getting out of the house after a LONG winter!! I am glad you are feeling better. That is the best milestone to hit, when you actually feel like eating again. Oh, and I am totally veto-ing Scott's idea of not finding out. No WAY!! I CANNOT wait that long! How am I supposed to start shopping??? Bad idea Scott, bad idea. Love you guys!!
If you have a girl...I will ship you all of Jessica's clothing. If you have a boy...well, you probably don't want Zach's stuff. For some reason boys are so much harder on clothing! Anyway, hang in there...hope you are feeling like yourself again soon :)
Post a Comment