Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome Brooke Kate│August 15th, 2011



Giving birth is such an out of this world experience. As much as I would like to think that giving birth is 'normal'...there is just nothing 'normal' about birthing another human being. It is simply out of this world...it's almost magical but it is real...and it makes you realize the reality of your mortality...to 'give birth' in Spanish, you say, 'dar a luz', to give light. To think of it that way gives it much more depth to me. You carry this child for 9 months and then through an interesting process that baby is out!

It is beyond MARVELOUS.



This time around, Scott practically MADE me not find out what we were having. :)

He was so excited and eventually I was too...we were both so anxious to find out! By 37 weeks, I was so ready to have this baby!
One night, at almost 38 weeks, I went into false labor...but that's what it was...it was a false. I was dilated to one centimeter.
My mom was heading back to Utah on the 23rd and my official due date was the 22nd. This baby was not making its appearance and I wanted my mom to be here for at least a week after I had the baby. So, we scheduled an induction for the 15th.

Scott and I got up bright and early and headed to the hospital. By noon, they had broken my water but as usual I was dilating so slowly...I didn't start pushing until 6:45pm. and Brooke Kate was born at 7:18pm that day.

Most everything about it was easy, it was mostly a waiting game. Scott and I relaxed, we talked, we watched HGTV, he took a little nap, I read my magazine. They gave me my epidural and everything was easy...until I had to start pushing. I wasn't in any pain until then. I felt everything...I'm sure it was not the same intensity as a labor with no medication but man did it hurt. I kept saying, "I can't do this!"



But somehow, I did it! and our Brooke Kate came out and was screaming like a healthy baby right away! The anticipation of not knowing if it was a boy or a girl was so worth it!
All I wished for was for a healthy baby...but it was so much fun not knowing and then the doctor shouting, "it's a girl!"



I inspected this little girl from head to toe...I counted for ten little fingers and ten little toes and they were all there!:)
She was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 20 3/4 inches long and has the cutest cheeks I've ever seen! :)

It's always so exciting meeting this little person that has been moving inside of you for the first time. Those first few minutes are so special and precious.



I'm so grateful that my mom and my sister were here to share this with us.


Scott is such a proud daddy.
He really is such a good father!
I love him and it makes me so happy that he is the father of my children and my husband. He was there for me, encouraging me and holding my hand.


Abuelita holding Brooke for the first time.



...so in love with my Scottie and my little Brookie Kate.



...and after 9 months of waiting, we are now a family of five!



Brielle and Braden have been amazing to their little sister. They both love her and couldn't be happier to have her be part of our family.

Braden has said several times, "she's such a cutie pie!" and the day we came home from the hospital he said, "I wanted a little brother because I didn't know Brooke was going to be this cute!" Brielle is already very motherly but it has been so fun to watch her be a little mommy to Brooke. She told us the other day, "it's okay if the baby gets all the attention." If you know Brielle's personality, she LOVES being the center of attention, so for her to say that, is a pretty big deal!:)


Our three little Jensen's!
There's no words to describe the joy Scott and I feel to have these children in our family.


I just cannot get enough of this little girl. All I have been wanting to do these last almost 2 weeks is snuggle with her. Seriously...I just sit and I don't want to get up...I just want to hold her and love her.


I think she looks a lot like Scott. She has Scott's eyes and nose.


Brielle loving her little sister.





Braden has been so, so sweet to his little sister. He asks to hold her several times a day. He sometimes gives her a little 'too' much love and likes squeezing her little fingers and toes...so we have to remind him to be so very gentle.
He tries really hard.


My mom left on the 23rd. We enjoyed a fun 5 weeks with her and my sister here...so grateful that she was able to spend that time with us...I didn't do laundry or dishes for 5 weeks! Moms are just the best!

Gracias mami.


Scottie and Kemchu missing.


We had to say goodbye. Brielle and Braden were very sad. They love their abuelita...but I'm so happy that she got to meet Brooke and that all went well with her arrival!

10 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Oh my goodness, she is PERFECT! And the pictures of your mom holding her made me want to cry for some reason. I've never met your mom but I just love her. :) Then I read the adorable things your kids have said about their new little sister and then I DID get teary eyed. What a special time for your little family. I'm so happy for you guys! Enjoy it, it really does fly by!

Betsy Hollingshead said...

That's so great that your mom was able to be there! And I can definitely tell that Brooke belongs to your family! It'll be exciting to she how she looks as she gets a little bit older. :) Love ya Denisse!

Alisha said...

Giving birth is miraculous. I am so amazed at the differences in women's labor. Not one is the same as another. You did a great job in labor and Brooke arrived safe and sound. Remember that next time - You can do it.

PS - I love the red nail polish.

M + D said...

Congrats!! She is so precious and born on my birthday!! :) Hope all is going great for you guys.. if you need anything just give me a call. I can't wait to meet her!!
xoxo
Morgan

Unknown said...

Brooke is beautiful! So happy for you family of five! Congratulations and glad everything went well.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

When I look at these pictures it makes me miss you guys a lot! I cant wait to see you again. We love you tons! Its not very often you come across such good friends that you know you will have forever. Love you guys.

The Campbell Family said...

She is sooooo CUTE! I just want to fly over there and hold her. So glad you sent pictures. I've been dying to see them. Hope you are all doing well.

Sarah Stout said...

Love these pictures! I am so happy for your adorable family. Brooke Kate is a wonderful addition to your already beautiful family. :) Congratulations!

TerriLyn said...

Congratulations Denisse and Scott!! She is just beautiful and I love the name too. So happy for you!!!!