Friday, December 16, 2011

Around Here│'Tis The Season.

We have been enjoying the Holiday Season, especially since it is our last Christmas here.  

I'm going to miss all of the fun things that D.C. has to offer all throughout the year, but especially during Christmas. 

I'm sure we will find fun new places to go to wherever we move.  

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree.  I don't have any pictures of the grand event but I will record that it was full of excitement.  I love that feeling.  Brielle, Braden and Brooke make this season so special for me.  This year Scott got to be with us to decorate the tree.  This hasn't happened in the last couple of years because he's either been studying for tests or on-call at the hospital.  

It was special this year because we were able to do it as a family. 


We've been playing lots of Christmas music and having Christmas music parties around here!

The kids think I'm so cool when I break out the moves! ha ha!:)

I especially love it when Braden asks me to dance and he tries to spin me! 

I always tell him what a good lead he is.



Last Friday, we decorated our gingerbread house.  Did I already mention how excited my kids get about doing Christmasy things? 


These kids are so project oriented.  They both LOVE projects.  


...and of course they always LOVE when they get to spend time with their daddy.  

Scott has been interviewing like crazy for residency.  He's been traveling non-stop. 

It's nice when he's home.


I always enjoy watching Scott get so involved when he does "projects" with the kiddos.


We had so much fun decorating the gingerbread house. 



They did such a good job! 


  
Braden and his sweet tooth. 
He loved the icing...


Brooke was wishing she could have some icing too. 


The three little Jensen's. 


...and our final product.


******

Last Saturday, we all got up bright and early and headed to Santa's Workshop in D.C.

I wanted to beat the crowd! 


...and we did! we hardly waited in line to see Santa.


Brooke was happy to be there and we were all so excited that this was her first time meeting Santa! 

Braden was especially excited, he kept saying:

"Brooke's going to meet Santa for the first time!"


Santa's cutest little workshop.

Brielle was wondering where all the elves were...Scott told her that the elves are nocturnal...she believed him!:)


I liked last year's Santa much better...but this one was kind and friendly too. 
Brielle and Braden couldn't tell the difference any way.


Scott and I always find it amusing how shy they get when they are actually there in front of him.  
I think the fact that this one wasn't wearing his Santa hat threw Braden off a little.  He opened up to last year's Santa and told him all about what he wanted.  

They were both a little more shy this year...but no tears.



We were a little disappointed with the National Tree this year.  It looked so sad. 
THIS is what it looked like our first year here and THIS is what it looked like last year.

We googled it, and found out that the original tree got broken almost in half in a storm last February and a new one was transplanted, so this is the new tree and I think it's just a young tree and not as mature looking as the other one. 


It was a chilly day.


In front of W Hotel. I loved all the ornaments hanging from the trees.

******

After seeing Santa we headed to the Botanic Garden to see the train Christmas exhibit they have there.


Like every year, it did not disappoint and we all marveled at what humans can make.


My brother and Tasnim joined us.  It was fun to spend time with them.

I always say this, but Kem is such a good uncle.  


The garden is just such a beautiful place and the I love the lighting there.


Braden was teasing me.  That little boy gives me a run for my money sometimes.


My big girl.


Kemchu and his girlfriend Tasnim.  
They are a cute couple! 



My hottie husband.  I've been missing my husband.  He's been gone too much. 


Brielle had been looking for that castle behind her for a while and was not able to find it.  She wanted so bad to find it and take a picture with it.  Brooke, Scott and I were so done and ready to go...Kem and Tasnim stood in line for 20 minutes for her to take the picture with the castle, while Scott and I waited in the car...

That is what a super nice uncle does for his little niece!:)

Gracias Kemchu!

******
On Sunday, we headed to the Washington D.C. Temple to see the lights.


It was coooold! 


But we had a grand time with our nice friends, the Nelson's and the Lemke's.  We enjoyed walking around admiring the beautiful lights and the feeling that you get when you walk on temple grounds.


The Nelson's. They are such a cute family!


After walking around for a while we went inside and saw the nativity exhibit.  They displayed nativities from all over the world.  They were all so unique and beautiful.  It made me grateful to live in a world of such diversity and see each country's interpretations of the birth of our Savior. 


The sister missionary said "SMILE" and this is what happened!!! 

What a weekend! 

LOVED every second...

5 comments:

RebeckerOnline said...

Wonderful post! You guys do look like you are having a lot of fun with the holidays.

That National Christmas Tree seems to have a lot of protrusions. Haaaa.

We were up at the visitor center on Sunday night too! We saw Jenny Oaks Baker at 7:00 p.m. and met up with my cousin who is in school in Baltimore. Great concert and always fun to go up there during the holidays.

We are going to miss you next year. We need to find out what you are doing this year for Christmas? Let us know if you want to go to the visitor center again. Love you all, r

Anonymous said...

use higher iso man. and FLASH. mai

Erin said...

That last picture is classic. I love it!

Betsy Hollingshead said...

Loved catching up on your blog..you're such a good little mom! Miss you guys! :)

Alisha said...

I noticed those lights in the gingerbread photos. Super cool effect. Please share your tips.

Also, the last pic is awesome. Simply awesome.

And, you are so lucky to have this time with Kem. He is a good uncle and great brother.