Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spring Time.


I LOVE this time of year! It's so beautiful and it's so nice to come out of our cave! 
Winters are just not fun! We have been enjoying the nice weather to its fullest.  


The Lego exhibit at the Hogle Zoo was so fun.  I'm so glad we got a zoo pass, we have taken full advantage of it and the zoo is always the perfect outing for the kids.





It was so fun to go with my mom...the kids were being a bit rambunctious and it's always nice to have her calming influence around us. 

******


The kids' school has an Art night where they raise funds for the school's art program.  It was so well put together and we got to buy our kids' art, which was fun and it made the kids feel special.  They not only had painted art but they also each had little sculptures.  I've been very impressed with the kids' school.  I'm so glad we lucked out with such a good one, with great programs and teachers.  Sadly this is the only picture I got of the event! 

******


This one is just a random picture because I LOVE that little face! 
We took out the kite because it was a little windy and Brooke was attempting to fly it! 

******


My sweet mom had a birthday on the 8th and we went to Provo to celebrate with her.  
We wanted to her out somewhere nice, but she was under the weather, so we ended up at Smash Burger, the kids and I ate and Scott and my mom had drinks.  


She started feeling a little better when we got home and we had a party! 
She turned 61 but she has the energy of a 30 year old! She seriously has more energy than I do! 
She is out of this world! At 61, she is going to school to get her degree in Early Childhood Education, she gets A's in all of her classes.  She loves to learn and study.  I love that about her.  She is always looking for ways to better herself.  She has always been an example of so many things.  It doesn't matter to her that English is her second language and that she learned it when she was in her 40's.  She grabs her dictionary, she goes to her tutor and the writing lab to check her papers before she turns them in.  She works hard at her job with Head Start and advocate for those kids, she puts 110% into her job and is not satisfied with mediocre work.  
She is an example of faith and enduring life among trials.  She loves God and always puts her trust in Him.  She is a woman of prayer and pure integrity.  I feel so lucky to be her daughter.  She has taught me so much about life and continues to teach me and push me to be better.  She tells me to do yoga so I can relax and drink green smoothies! She listens to me and my frustrations with motherhood and encourages me and tells me that I'm doing a good job and gives me suggestions when I'm looking for answers.  She is my absolute best friend, who is always there to listen and give me an encouraging word. 

So glad we could celebrate her special day with her this year! 
We love you ma! Thank you for loving me, Scott and my children! 

******


I mentioned our garden on a previous post, we are loving gardening and are so glad that we have a little bit of space to plant.  The kids have enjoyed working on it and watering and watching things grow.  


******


Scott started building the sandbox last fall and we finally bought sand for it last month! The kids love it and it is amazing how long they can spend playing in there.  


Scott is a child at heart and the kids love it when they get to spend time with their dad.  
Especially when he builds an awesome sand castle!


******


Brielle had her spring piano recital last Saturday and she was amazing! She totally mastered her piece, Chim Chimirree from Mary Poppins.  That little girl is talented and she worked hard on that piece.  She has an amazing teacher who pushes her and she is becoming so proficient! 
We are so proud of her and happy that she is acquiring such a good talent.  


******


Last week, a group of friend headed to the temple to do a session.  
It was so nice to be able to go and not have to worry about rushing back to the kids, who stayed with Scott.  It was much needed for me to have some time away to recharge and good for the kids and Scott to spend time together.  


I know I've said it before but we have lucked out with a good neighborhood, good ward and good friends.  There are still quite a few things I miss about living in the East, but having a good support system here makes me grateful.  


Gretchen got all the kids some ice cream cones one afternoon and they were all in heaven! These kids play together almost everyday and I'm so glad they have each other.  

1 comment:

granyj said...

I LOVE THAT TREE WITH THE PINK BLOSSOMS. IS IT IN YOUR YARD DINESSE. I'M SURE THE BLOSSOMS ARE LONG GONE BY NOW
ALSO THINK THAT ICE CREAM TREAT MUST HAVE BEEN A FUN THING FOR THE FRIENDS SITTING ON THE STEP. LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE BRADEN IS OVER HIS INFECTION. LOVE ALL OF YOU