All throughout my childhood and teenage years, my mom would often tell me that I was 'her right arm'. Such a simple expression of appreciation and love meant so much to me. It made me feel like I was a valuable member of our family. I'm grateful for my mother's sincere words and for the confidence it gave me.
Brielle is becoming such a beautiful, competent little girl and as she gets older, she has become quite my little helper. I sincerely appreciate her help and she eases my load. Not long ago I thanked her for being willing to help me and told her, she was my 'right arm'. She laughed and asked what that meant, I explained.
A few weeks later, after she had helped me with something, she said, "mom, remember when you told me I was your right arm?" I could tell it meant as much as what it meant to me when my mom said it to me. She felt special and a valued member of our family. I'm so proud of that little girl. She is so talented, smart and kind. I'm grateful she is part of our family. I look at her and I can't believe that she is the same little baby that would kick my ribs when she was in me. What a blessed woman I am, to be her mother.

2 comments:
What a sweet girl Brielle has become. I was so impressed with all your kids at your last visit. They are a joy to be with.
Brielle is a little angel that is for sure. You are lucky have have such helpful daughter.
Post a Comment