Scott and I celebrated 9 years of marriage in June.
We were reflecting on these 9 years and we concluded that we have had 9 productive, happy years. Scott has spent most of those 9 years studying and taking tests (and fathering and being a husband in between) and I've spent these 9 years mothering and running a household, while trying to keep our sanity and nourishing each other in between...we can't say that we have wasted any time, we have accomplished a lot together, which brings me to the realization that we make a good team.
We've lived in 5 cities and have had 7 homes. We've cried and laughed together, we've enjoyed each other and gotten annoyed with each other, we have entered into level 3 together (a.k.a. our 30's), and most importantly we have made 3 amazing human beings.
Nine years later I'm grateful to know that we made a good choice to get married on that June 18th in 2004. Marriage has refined us both in good ways. I'm grateful for goals that have been accomplished and for the life that we are building together. I'm grateful I get to spend my days of mortality with a humble, hardworking man like Scott and that I can look forward to eternity with him. I'm grateful I have his perspective of life in my life. I've learned that talking about how to improve is good but nothing beats real action and showing each other love with actions instead of words.
I've realized that Scott is my home and there is no where else I'd rather be than with him, sharing my days and my dreams with him. When people ask me, where home is, I want to say to them, that my home is where Scott is. I know they would think I'm silly. But I have also realized that sometimes part of me is silly, and that saying that Scott is my home is the truth, even if it sounds silly. I've thought about what home means and to me home is a place where you belong. A place, where it doesn't matter how the world or anyone perceives you, at home you are not an outsider, a foreigner...at home you belong and you are loved for who you are. That is how I feel with Scott and I will forever be grateful that I get to experience this kind of love. We have goals, so many, together, short term and long term but the one that puts a smile on my face the most and without fail, is the thought that I will grow old and wrinkly with this man who is a child at heart and wants to be and do good, a man who at the end of the day wants to come home to me...and that when we are old and decrepit he will still think I'm beautiful and will hold my hand and kiss me.
I look forward to an infinite number of anniversaries with this man.
I love him and I believe him when he tells me that I was made for him and he was made for me.
9 years later and we are still in love...
...and a little crazy!



2 comments:
Ok, so in my efforts to recommit to my blog, I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's!! I just spent the last 20 minutes looking through your posts and reading about your summer happenings. I loved it. Congrats on your anniversary!!! 9 YEARS! Crazy to think that next year will be your 10 yr. You guys were one of our very first "married" friends. :) It's fun to look back on the road we have each taken. We sure miss you guys!! Give your kids a squeeze for us! And tell Scott that he is amazing for making through his intern year!!
Ok, so in my efforts to recommit to my blog, I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's!! I just spent the last 20 minutes looking through your posts and reading about your summer happenings. I loved it. Congrats on your anniversary!!! 9 YEARS! Crazy to think that next year will be your 10 yr. You guys were one of our very first "married" friends. :) It's fun to look back on the road we have each taken. We sure miss you guys!! Give your kids a squeeze for us! And tell Scott that he is amazing for making through his intern year!!
Post a Comment