Friday, October 19, 2007

I LOVED HAIRSPRAY

I had such a wonderful birthday yesterday! Scott and the kids surprised me at the end of my 9 o'clock class with a flower and balloons! It was so cute to see Brielle walking in the classroom! After class, Scott took me to breakfast. Later in the afternoon, my good friend Emily watched Braden and Brielle and Scott and I went to Hairspray (he couldn't say no because it was my birthday, he, he!) I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scott really enjoyed it too (he was hesitant at first because Oprah liked it and he doesn't really like Oprah! I can't believe he doesn't like Oprah, I like her...) Anyway, it is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time! I'm not kidding when I say that I was smiling the whole time!!!!! The singing is phenomenal, the dancing is sooooo fun and I am in love with this movie! I loved the message that it had that being who you are is great, it doesn't matter if you are fat or black or white or pretty or ugly! I loved the message! John Travolta did an incredible job with Edna! He made me cry and smile at the same time! They couldn't have done a better job with the cast. Every character was perfect! I just loved it so much, I want to buy the movie and the soundtrack!!!! If you haven't seen it you have better go and watch it! It was definitely the highlight of my birthday!!!!

5 comments:

adrienne said...

I loved Hairspray, too!!! It's totally my new favourite! I laughed sooo hard! I am definetly getting it when it comes out on DVD! Sounds like you had a nice birthday!

Kelly Munns said...

how fun! i have to say that those pictures are so dang cute! you guys are a super good looking family! thanks for sharing :)

Justin and Stacey said...

Denisse...Justin wanted to make sure that you saw he wished you a happy birthday!! It sounds like your day turned out to be great! We wish we could have been there to wish you happy birthday in person, but for now I guess the blog will have to do! We love you and miss you! Happy Birthday!

Daija said...

I have been wanting to see this movie, but I hadn't heard anything about it so I was unsure. I will definitely have to see it now.

Lanie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you got my card =)