Sunday, March 16, 2008

Where the heck is my bra?

The story that I'm about to share it's definitely NOT one of my proudest moments...in fact it shows that I think I have lost some neurons since I've become a mom. This morning we were getting ready for Church, as usual, we were running late and I was trying to pick out what to wear, an everyday dilemma for me!!! While I was getting ready I had a million things going through my head...I was thinking: "don't forget to get Braden's bottle and put the snacks in the diaper bag, check to see if the wipes are in the diaper bag , etc, etc. Basically all the things that all moms have to think about before venturing out with the kids...in the process of thinking all of this, like I said I was trying to get myself ready...I decided to wear a white shirt and therefore I needed a white bra. The search for my bra started and as usual, I looked in the drawer where I usually put my bras, nothing...I looked in the other drawers...nothing, I looked in Scott's drawers...nothing. I looked in the dirty clothes...nothing. I started frantically looking for it under the bed, in the kids room, every where around the apartment without success!!!! By then I was REALLY starting to get frustrated that I wasn't finding my white bra...and looking at the clock made me even more frustrated because it was 8:50 and our church starts at 9 o'clock. Then I walked out to the kitchen and I ask Scott in a VERY frustrated voice, 'where the heck do you think my bra went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen it?' In a very serene voice Scott looks at me and says, 'YOU HAVE IT ON!!!' All I could do was laugh and feel dumb!!!! And then we look at Brielle's eye and find that she has pink eye! We ended up not going to Church!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Denisse, that was the most entertaining story ever! I had a huge smile on my face! I feel your frustration about looking for things and you KNOW that it didn't just disappear. I hope that Brielle feels better, pink is NO FUN!

Unknown said...

*pink eye

brittanyandtravis said...

That was really funny. I do stuff like that ALL the time! It makes me wonder how much worse it'll get the more kids that come along! The wreath I got was $19.99 and when I just looked on line it was on sale for $17! Hopefully you could pick one up for that price! They had a cute one with Easter eggs that I wanted to get too.

The Woods said...

That was great. I believe I have done things like that before but usually I forget to put my bra on before I leave. I also tend to look for things that I am holding in my hand. Being a mom is great.

Emily and Reese said...

Dee that is so funny! I've done similar things myself, but I don't have the "Mom distractions" to blame my "air-headedness" on!!!
Games were fun! Hope Brielle is feeling better!
Love, M

Sherwoods said...

You are too funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that!!

Kadie said...

I laughed out loud at this one. I totally do that too! Maybe it's a woman thing. :) Because I don't have any kids to blame it on either. And yes, I am definitely going to need your help in getting prepared to teach this summer. I'll be e-mailing you soon! Right now I'm just trying to survive my last weeks of student teaching!

Jessica said...

i'm glad someone else feels they have lost brain cells b/c of their children and not just me! that story was hilarious, and i totally relate to the to do list going through your mind while you are getting ready.
i am probably coming up to rexburg in April - will y'all still be there?

Kristen said...

OKay I have to comment...I have been checking your blog now for a while...well ever since I saw Scott in Rexburg last year sometime! Your kids are so cute and the stories you share are hilarious! I remember you Denise but you probably don't remember me from Rick's. Anyway, I love looking at your blog!

Justin and Stacey said...

Denisse....that is SO FUNNY!!! I am still laughing about it. I can just picture you. That is something I would do for sure!!!

The Heaton's said...

oh man, i was just laughing out loud! as i was reading i thought this story was going to end one of two ways....#1 brielle had it and was using it as a front pack carrier for her babies, or #2 you were wearing it! lol you crack me up!!!

Sara and Brad Forbush said...

Sister Jensen! Thanks for sharing this story in class! It gave me a good chuckle! Haha!

TerriLyn said...

I thought you were going to say that you forgot to wear a bra!! ha! I'm glad that wasn't the case. You are too cute and that story gave me a great laugh!