Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

This Christmas has been one of the funnest Christmases of all time for our family. Brielle and Braden were both so fun on Christmas morning, we all had smiles on our faces the whole time we watched them and helped them open their presents. Brielle kept saying, "Santa brought me a pony!" She has been asking for ponies for months now and Santa was very generous to us all! It was so fun to see their little faces light up when they saw what they got. Christmas with children definitely is so much fun. (But, I have to say that I've had more than my share of Polar Express for 2008...both kids have requested it almost every day since November started...so until this coming November no more Polar Express!!!) We have been enjoying these last two weeks. It is so nice to have Scott home. He is such a good dad and husband. We sure miss him when he's in school all day almost everyday. We have been having so much fun relaxing at home, going out with the kids and enjoying our time as a family. I think the 3 of us are going to cry on Monday when Scott starts school again!

A few weeks ago, we had a ward Christmas party and Santa was there. I was curious to see how Brielle and Braden were going to react when they saw him. Braden was hesitant but he didn't cry and Brielle was NOT interested in him whatsoever, as you can see from the picture.

The Sunday before Christmas we went to the Festival of Lights at the Washington D.C. Temple. It was freezing cold but it was beautiful! There were LOTS of people everywhere mostly gathered inside the Visitor's Center. They had different things to do inside but the lines were so long we basically just went in to get warm. They had a live nativity outside and that was fun but it was sooooo cold...we felt sorry for the Mary and Joseph...they were probably freezing their butts off!

When we were at the Visitor's Center, Brielle specifically asked me, "take a picture of me mommy!" This is the picture in front of the Christus.

Then Braden joined her...and I have to say that I love this picture of both of them looking up...

Christmas Morning was a blast!

Braden got this little car for Christmas and when he went down for a nap on Christmas day he wanted to take a nap with his car!!! What a silly boy!!!:)

...not the best picture of me...BUT...this is how I feel about my Christmas present! I'm excited to put it to use...I have been wanting a sewing machine for a while now...Scott wanted to get it for me last Christmas but I felt guilty because we were so broke...we are still broke...BUT we got such a good deal I couldn't resist!!!:) I have a few projects in mind...I'm excited!!:)

After our Christmas dinner, which by the way was DELICIOUS!!!!!:)--Oh my heck we ate soooo much!!!!! We all definitely have to start working out after this holiday season!!! My gut is definitely not getting any smaller, let's just put it that way--...anyway, after dinner we decided to go to D.C. to look at The National Christmas Tree right in front of the White House. It was BEAUTIFUL and so worth going.

We have been having 60 degree weather here and there...we get 3 really cold days, in the 30's and then a day or two of warmer days. We check the weather everyday here because it is not predictable. When we do get 50 or 60 degree weather we try to spend at least one or two hours outside! The kids LOVE it and Scott and I do too! During this break we've been on walks, to the playground and we also went back to Clymyjontry Park, it was Scott's first time and we had a blast!

Oh! and we went back to the Museum of American History and saw the original Star-Spangled Banner. It was neat to see it and read about it. We weren't allowed to take pictures of the exhibit, so this picture is courtesy of the Internet!:)

14 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Sewing! Be sure to let me know what projects you get done! :)

Jen Evans said...

I'm surprised we haven't seen each other! We've been to the National History Museum, the temple, and the mall to see the polar express too! That's funny that you were able to recognize my dad though - we were there too! It looks like you all had a great Christmas. I hope we get more warm days and less Rexburg-like wind!

Sarah Stout said...

I'm glad to see you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! I really do think that having Christmas with children around is wonderful. Every year, I spend Christmas with my sister and her kids. I honestly enjoyed watching them open presents much more than I enjoyed opening my own. :)

Happy New Year! And here's to more fun adventures in 2009!

Becca said...

Denisse- you have the MOST adorable family. And seeing all of the fun things you do makes me miss D.C. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! :)

Tara said...

OK - Number 1: Your family is SO stinkin' cute! Number 2: I am totally stealing one of your posts...about stay-at-home moms and putting it on my blog! I LOVE it! Number 3: How did you create your darling sidebar titles? AND your blog title? Is it all Digital Scrapbooking? I totally want to get into that! AND - did you create your own Christmas Cards?? They are DARLING!
Finally, Number 4: Did I mention that you guys are stinkin' cute? I am SOOOO glad my lil sis has a friend like you...even though we are the same age, I feel like you are MY lil sis, too! Probably because I am TWICE your height....or around there. Tee, hee. Laters, Tara

Jensen said...

We are glad to hear that you guys had a wonderful Christmas! So we heard about what you and the kids received from Santa but what about Scott? Poor boy was left out! We missed having you guys around playing games on New Years! We have pictures of you guys on a picture board and when Nathanial sees them he says ALL of your names and knows who you are.

brittanyandtravis said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! Have fun sewing!!

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds like a fantastic Christmas! And way cool to get a sewing machine~ I can't wait to see what your projects are and how they turn out! Have FUN!

Sar said...

I had fun catching up on your blog. You guys are having so much fun there, and I can't believe the weather! I had no idea it is so warm in the winter there! Lucky ducks!

Rebecca Robison said...

How cute! I read the whole thing to Jeremy and he loved it too! You'll have to show off your creations from your new sewing machine :)

Megan Hall said...

Awe that picture of the kids looking up at the chritus is priceless. It looks like you had a wonderful christmas. That picture of brielle running from santa is the best!!!

Jani Jo said...

It sounds like the Jensen Fam had a perfect Christmas! I loved the pics of your cute kids being so excited:) Happy New Year!

Justin and Stacey said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good Christmas! I am looking forward to staying home next year and enjoying not having to travel! I love that picture of Braden with is car in his bed!! Too funny. :) I always wonder what is going on in their little minds! Good luck with Scott back at school :( We get so spoiled during their breaks!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jensens.....I have been checking up on you all about 1 or 2 times a week. Hope you don't mind. Love to see your little family and how they are growing and what you are all up to. We just got your Christmas card and sweet note on Saturday. Thanks so much for thinking of us. We love you guys and hope we get to see you sometime soon. Be sure and call us if you ever get to Idaho Falls. Again, thanks so much for thinking of us and we wish you the very best in 2009. Bob and Denise Heaton.