Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mr. Braden Is Potty Trained!

A couple of weeks ago I officially decided that I was ready to potty train Braden. This whole potty training business is like deciding to jump into a cold swimming pool...you just have to do it...and it takes as much effort for the child as it does for the parent. It's NOT fun cleaning urine all throughout the day for a few days...for Braden that was the hardest...until one day it clicked that he has control of his little body and he can hold it!!! We only had ONE accident with #2 and he's done his business (#1 & #2) every day for almost 2 weeks now in the TOILET!

He is a big boy!

It is so funny to watch him stand up and go standing up! It's soooo cute for some reason!...Brielle has been trying to copy him and we keep reminding her that she's a girl and girls don't go standing up.

Running to the bathroom...

He made it!!!! That big smile of accomplishment melts my heart!

(that's what happens to his little eye when he doesn't wear his glasses)

We've been seeing this little bum running around our house A LOT lately! The first week he just ran around the house in his underwear ALL day! He was loving life!

Mr. Braden is officially potty trained!!!

(This video is not related to Braden being potty trained but it is so funny I have to post it! Scott and I were laughing our heads off...we are terrible! and Brielle in the background...I have no clue where she gets the things she says sometimes...she sounds like a broken record...)

10 comments:

grandma said...

congratulations to Braden. I should say congrats to you and scott too I guess. Hope he didn't fall off the chair. Looks like it must be nap time for one little sweet heart.

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

lol that was the funniest video! Congrats on the potty training, I am NOT looking forward to it. Let me know if you have any good advice.

Sarah Stout said...

Yay for Braden! That's so exciting for everyone involved, I'm sure. No more diapers in your house. :)

P.S. I loved that video! It was hilarious.

Rebecca Robison said...

OH! THAT IS HUGE! Awesome job Bray!!!!

Erika said...

That video is too funny! Congrats on potty training. I must say, potty training is one of the WORST things to go through...especially if you've got yourself a stubborn little one (and I may or may not be referring to my oldest).

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh my heck, is he falling asleep!?!? That is hilarious! Brielle is too funny. I am super jealous of the whole potty training! I will be calling you for advice in a couple months when I brave it with Jack. :)

The Campbell Family said...

Yeah no more diaper's for you guys! Potty Training is one of my most dreaded motherly tasks. You will love the savings at the store. Ben and I have loved that...of course we are about to re-enter the diaper phase again.

Nat said...

Congratulations on the potty training - to all of you! You'll have to send me all your hints and tips - we'll be needing them sooner than later. And I LOVED the video! What a cute little man!

brittanyandtravis said...

Congratulations! NO more diapers!!!!! I absolutely hate changing diapers. i envy you :)

Sam said...

Nice work! ;) I've heard it's tough but am hoping I can do it with my kids ASAP. Bet it's great to be done with diapers!!