Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy Girl...


Brielle started preschool last week. She had been on the waiting list all summer long and we were all crossing our fingers that she would get in. When last Monday came around, I figured she probably hadn't gotten in...but then I got a phone call on Tuesday and the lady said that she was in to start the next day! This little preshool is really cute, fairly affordable, and we felt that Brielle needed to have this experience. She's 3 and a half going on 15. She's such a social butterfly, she's so outgoing, she can make friends with anyone. She needs more than anything the social interaction and also reinforcement of rules.


These two are inseparable! Braden was very sad to say goodbye to Brielle when we dropped her off at preschool...:(

So last Wednesday we all got ready to go drop her off at her preschool... when I was walking with her to her classroom...the realization sunk in that I was leaving her for 3 hours with people she had NEVER met in her life before! I got scared that they wouldn't take care of my little girl the way that I do. I was just about to leave my little girl with these strangers hoping that she will be safe with them...it's one thing to leave your child with someone who you know loves them...I guess in a way I was having separation anxiety for a second!...Brielle kept telling me that I needed to stay with her...when we got to the classroom she clung to my pants and then started to cry. It broke my heart...but the teacher was so wonderful and took full control of the situation. I said goodbye to my little girl and her teacher held her and took her in the classroom. I could hear her crying as I was walking next door to the office to fill out some paperwork.


When I went to pick her up she was so excited to see Braden! She gave Braden a big hug and said "I missed you little brother!" and Braden answered, "I missed you too Bwielle!" Her teacher had only good things to say about her...she asked me if she had ever been in school before because she was so cooperative during clean up time, she sang all the songs and was really friendly to everyone. The only complaint she had was that she took her shoes off at the playground...knowing Brielle...I'm glad it was just her shoes and I'm glad she didn't start taking her pants off...that's the first thing she does when she gets home is take her pants or skirt off...anyway, she cried again on Friday but stopped crying 30 seconds after I left...so I'm hoping that this Wednesday she will go in happily!


Last week she also started her ballet class with her good friend Bella. I have to say that it went okay...just okay...she had a hard time concentrating for some reason and was all over the place. Her teacher is VERY strict and I think she can sense that...She had a hard time at the beginning of the class but towards the end she was doing a lot better and was listening to the teacher.


They were both so excited about their first day of dance class.



My little ballerina...:)



This video is so funny...she was really into it!!!:)

I can't believe she's already in preschool...next thing I know I will be with her in the Bride's Room getting ready to give her away to get married...to me, though she will always be my little Bri bri...

10 comments:

Rebecca Robison said...

Oh my! That gave me chills! I love the video- wow! What a tweedle bug!

S and RA Beazer said...

I remember Patrick's first day. It was definitely harder on me.
She is certainly growing up.

Wendy said...

that little video brings back memories!!!!
She is such a beautiful girl!
I just love it when little kids say that; "I missed you". Kenzie will come up to me in the morning when she wakes up sometimes and give me this big hug and say; "mama i missed you!" So sweet!

grandma said...

I can't believe she is so grown up already. Love the pictures of she and Braden. The video is so cute I'd like to be there and watch all they do.

Rick and Kristin said...

You are living such a wonderful life. Those sweet kids and all the fun amazing attractions. A chance of a life time to be there. I know it's hard to be in school but it will go by so fast. And believe it our not someday you will yearn for that simple life again. Love you all!

Erika said...

Yey, she got in! I'm happy she's liking it. I completely understand the separation anxiety...leaving your first born for the first time, sort of sad. And dance class. It's good she has a friend in there, especially with a stricter teacher. Ella's dance teacher isn't my favorite, but for the price...

Ben and Cortney said...

How fun! She looks like she is going to be a beautiful dancer! Great to see you guys are doing so well. Yeah our babies are 13 months a part, I think that it will be really hard when our oldest goes to school. You did a great job! I think that it would be really hard!

Emilia said...

That is truly sweet. Thank you for sharing.

Jani Jo said...

I loved this post about your little Brielle! The pre-school experience is so hard for us moms, huh? I love the pics of her in her sweet ballerina outfit! She's bound to be a fantastic dancer with YOU as her mom! I always think I'm going to see you on 'So You THink You Can Dance'!

Sydney said...

I can't believe your kids are getting so big! Brielle will be a little dancer just like her momma! We miss you guys!