The highlight of this month for Scott and I was going to a session in the Rexburg Temple for the first time! Can you believe it? The first time!!!! I can't believe it! It has been so hard to go to the temple since we've had both kids but we finally made it, I think last time we went was last November, way too long. It was such a special session and it was so amazing to be there and it seemed like I had gone to heaven for a few hours and I was able to recharge my batteries and return to my routine. I loved every second of the session, I was so awake and I had missed what we are able to do in the temple! I feel truly blessed to have these truth available in my life!
Last Thursday, Scott and I got offered free babysitting from a former T.A. I had last year (who is now adjunct faculty at BYU-Idaho) so Scott and I can go dancing! We hadn't gone Latin dancing in sooooo long! They have it on-campus every Thursday night. We decided that we are both out of shape! But we had the best time and realized how much we both LOVE dancing and hopefully when Scott is a rich doctor we both can take private lessons and do competitions together! It was fun to remember when we started dating we'd go to country and swing Wednesday nights at BYU-Idaho. At first, we were just friends and then I remember thinking: "but he is just dancing with me, he's not asking any other girl to dance, I wonder if we are together?" And then, he started holding my hand to go get a drink of water together...such fun memories...
I've had my dancing shoes for about 8 years now! It was fun to finally wear them again after about 4 years of them just sitting in my closet!
We both look so cheesy in these pictures, but after almost 4 years of marriage we are still very much in love!!!:)
We've been enjoying the nice weather the last few weeks (even though it has been raining this last week) We have been outside a lot and just enjoying our last summer in Idaho. I have to say that I have always loved Idaho summers and have fun memories of the summers I have spent here. The kids have been loving life because we are not stuck in the apartment all day long!
We had a fun Memorial Weekend, we went to visit Scott's grandpa Jensen's grave on Sunday. It is probably the last time we'll be there for a while. It was special to go and visit his grave and remember him and the sweet man that he was.
On Monday, we went to Blast Off. The kids had a BLAST!!!!!:) That place is so much fun and it is perfect for little kids. They played and played and played forever!
Scott quit his Olive Garden job last week, so he didn't have to work on Saturday. (He's been working at Qwest for the last 2 months during the week but decided to keep his job at Olive Garden on Saturdays, for some extra money. But now we get to have him on Saturdays for the last few months before medical school.) The kids have been loving being able to spend time with their dad.









15 comments:
What a fun month Denisse! I am so glad you guys are taking advantage of your last few months in Rexburg. You will miss it when you leave!
Where'd you do all these scrapbook pages? They're so cute! Is it from a website? I just think you have the most adorable family.
Hello Denise! Wow! You are a busy woman! Good Luck with the citizenship appointment. Where are you staying for that? You're welcome to stay with us if you'd like - or are you driving here and back the same day? That'll be a long one! It would be fun to see you, just e-mail or something :-) See ya!, Carina
How fun! it is so nice to be able to get out and "date" again. And isn't the temple fantastic?! We went this weekend too and it was so nice and peaceful. I hope all you driving goes well the next few days and you appointment will be great! I love your pages too! Where did you get all the paper? (I know some of it is from Shabby princess but some of it I didn't recognize)
I love your scrapbook pages where do you find them? How are you guys doing. Your family is so adoriable.
So much fun! I love the picture of Braden going down the slide! That is hilarious...he is just too darn cute!! You guys have been busy and hopefully this next busy weekend will run smoothly for you. Good luck at your citizenship appointment! We are anxious to hear how it goes. We can't believe you will be moving so soon...wish we were there to help!!
It looks like you really have been busy! I have a sister graduating on Thursday too (from Timpview High School). Congratulations on being able to go dancing! Jeff and I are looking forward to our spring break since we are going to Idaho we get to go dancing on campus too! Good luck finding housing for medical school.
oh man you guys have been busy! i love all the pictures. the page of your shoes are so cute; isn't so fun to think back to the dating days! good luck this week with all your traveling. be safe!
ps how did you get the shadow behind the pictures to make them pop?
You certainly have had a busy month. But it sounds so fun too! I can't believe it's almost time for you guys to move! We're going to miss you, but we are so excited for you and proud of Scott. He'll do great! What a beautiful family you guys are. Good luck at the graduation, and good luck at your citizenship interview. You'll do great, I know.
Often times it's when we are the busiest that we are the happiest. Especially when you are busy with such neat things as you are right now in your life. What a cute family!!! I love that you and Scott got to go dancing! You deserve it girl. I miss it too. It would be fun to pull out my old dance shoes and cut a rug with David. :-)
Hey! We went private on our blog. If you want an invite to read let me know your email address, if I haven't already sent you an invite. My address is "amj_427@hotmail.com".
Adrienne & Scott Berg
Wow you have had tons going on! I am so excited that your family will soon be in the east, hopefully I'll make it down to see you sometime!
Also, I 'tagged' you, refer to my blog for the rules . . .
I am so happy you were able to go to the temple! How wonderful! And DANCING!
I love all your cute backgrounds for your pictures... I'll have to ask you for a copy of that sometime:)
denisse i miss you when i read all of this! you are such an amazing, talented, awesome person. your kids are growing up so much. they are adorable. i love the scrapbook pages you did, how did you do them?
and i also LOVED Elder Ballard's talk at conference. I took like four pages of notes! good luck with the move!
Post a Comment