AFTER:
I got that coffee table at the D.I. in Rexburg (which by the way I think I paid way too much for now that I think about it, it is all real wood though...) about a month before our move thinking I could get it finished before moving...yeeeeeaaah right!...Scott started sanding it in Idaho and then it was time to move...I just barely got it done a few days ago...
BEFORE:
AFTER:
I wish I were gutsy enough to re-upholster that blue chair. It is the comfiest chair and I love it. It just doesn't match anything we have...May be I'll find an inexpensive fabric I love and may be then I will get the guts to get into such a HUGE project...we will see...
This built-in armoire is my FAVORITE!!! With the white walls you couldn't even notice it but with the new color it stands out and I really like how it looks!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Our dining table got really beat up during the long drive here. You can see the scratches on the table pretty bad, we tried to cover them up but it didn't work. I have a couple of table clothes but they are getting old and I didn't want to spend $15-$20 on one so I thought a table runner would just be easier and cheaper. I got it at Ross for $3.99! I thought it was a pretty good deal.
AFTER:
Our bedroom was already painted this pretty yellow. We liked it so it saved us some money and time.
This is the bathroom in the master bedroom...nothing too exciting...
The messiest room in the house...the kids' room!!! I have this pretty green paint for that bedroom and I will hopefully get around to painting it soon and finish hanging their decorations...hopefully by the end of September...
And last but not least this is our messy office/guest room. It was already painted this light blue and I have to figure out how I'm going to decorate this room. For now, it is just plain. Any suggestions?
21 comments:
Your place looks great! You did an awesome job! Hope everything is going well in DC. Dustin is actually there right now for a career fair. Wish I could have gone too to see the city. Maybe some day!
Ok, I TOTALLY LOVE how you've decorated your new place. It is seriously adorable! Nice job--now tell me what to do with my house :)
Seriously we've lived here since June and I still don't have everything how I want it. We've had painters tape on the kitchen walls for weeks... I need to get inspired, I have NO IDEA what color I want to paint it. None whatsoever. I'm super impressed with the progress you're making. It looks incredible. I love that little table you got in Rexburg... I need something like that!!
HI DENISSE, HOW I MISS ALL OF YOU BUT AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FAMILY TO BE GETTING THE LONG AWAITED SCHOOLING. LOVE ALL YOU'VE DONE ON YOUR HOME. IT SURE HELPS TO HAVE THINGS PAINTED AND CLEAN. ALSO DON'T STRESS THE MESS ALL TOO SOON THOSE LITTLE ONES WILL BE GONE OUT ON THEIR OWN AND YOU CAN LOOK BACK ON GOOD FUN TIMES ARE AWFUL STRESSED TIMES. HANG IN THERE AND KNOW I LOVE EACH OF YOU. GRANDMA
I have been dying to see pictures of your house!!! It looks amazing! I can't believe how different it looks. So warm and cozy. You did a great job!! Is the little couch in your office black? I have seen some cool rooms with a pale blue or gray wall with black and white accents and decorations and it looked awesome. Maybe I can find a picture...
I love what you have done. It looks so homey and friendly. You have done a wonderful job.
What a great color! We were trying to find a good tan color but got so frustrated we just settled on a blue instead. You are a great decorator! I'm glad you are getting settled in. Your apartment looks like you've got some great space! And I totally agree with the black and white accents for the blue room.
I am so impressed! We have been in our home for almost two months and still don't have it near as done as your home!! I am jealous!! It looks GREAT!
i just got of the phone with chuck he pulled your blog up and likes the decorations as do i. he loved the pics. of the kids. he said he remmembers them as so much smaller. he was impressed with the photo shots. i love them and the expressions those ladies captured.
have a nice week end we're getting most needed rain today. grandma
Denisse, you have been BUSY! Your place looks great and very home-y. I can tell you & I have very similar taste in decorating. Great job!
Wow, Denisse... you did such an excellent job of making your house look GREAT! It looks so much better with a little paint on the walls and just the right touch :) Good job!
Your place looks FANTASTIC! Great job!
oooh...i love that yellow-y/tan-ish color. it's sooo pretty! we bought our paint colors before we closed on our house(there was a big sale at home depot) and now i'm wishing i was a little more bold. the main color is a beige and it super sucks!!! i'm so annoyed with it. AND...our kitchen is just as disfunctional as yours. it acutally looks a lot the same. if there are two people in my kitchen i start to freak out. although...it is my favorite place to sit. i like to sit on the floor and eat up against the oven. the fridge, sink, and garbage are all within reach when i sit there!
ps. you have mad decorating skills. i like the k.i.s.s. (keep it simple stupid:)
Hermana Jensen!!!!
I found your profile through our friends Max and Jeanna Strassburg. I hope you remember me, I had you winter semester 2004...Erin Justice. I sat in the very front closest to the door...(as if you would remember that haha) Anywho I love your place!!!! So adorable. I have a blog also...www.jonanderinmckibben.blogspot.com
Whoops..I had you winter semester 2005...haha...silly me
Your house looks awesome! Great job on the painting and decorating. The coffee table looks so good - you can really see the difference a new finish makes. Oh, and recovering a chair is a big project but totally worth it if you love the chair, one recommendation though - it is going to take MANY hours so choose a fabric that you love and will last for a long time because you will be investing lots of time and you'll want to keep the chair forever :)
IT LOOKS SO GOOD!
Will you come decorate our house for us?
What is the paint brand & color you used it the living room? I love it!
Your house looks so cute!! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate them!
The paint made such a beautiful difference! The place looks so cute. Way to go!
Very cute Denisse. It looks like you guys have settled in.
Post a Comment