About a month ago, my friend Bobbi invited me to do this 5K. I was so hesitant at first because I am NOT a runner! Scott and I go jogging and I workout at home once in a while. It took me a while to decide whether I wanted to join the team or not. But with Scott's encouragement I joined! I especially joined because of the amazing cause for the race. Breast cancer hits close to home. My maternal grandmother died of breast cancer. When I was 22, I found a lump in my right breast. I was terrified. I went to the doctor and they removed the tumor. Thankfully it was benign. At my age the risk is not great but with my history I always worry. A few months ago, I found another one. I went to the doctor and they sent me to a specialist, which scared me because they usually don't, unless they think it's something serious. But, thankfully again, everything is fine.
This was our team!!!
Here we are before the race! We were so pumped! The opening ceremony took FOREVER! So by the time the race started we were READY!
My bishop and his wife! She is an amazing runner and is in such awesome shape!!! She's a great example!
After the race, we were all sweaty, but soooo happy to have been part of such a great cause! There were people of all ages, races, men and women. It's funny but I got emotional when I saw papers pinned to people's backs saying that they were running in memory of their mothers, grandmothers, sisters, friends...it was special...
My fans...:)
I think this is going to become a tradition for the Jensen's. I'm making Scott run it with me next year!!!:) I can see how people get addicted to these things!!! I guess, we better start getting into shape and start running!!!:)




11 comments:
Denisse! I am soooooooooooooo proud of you hun! Remember that one time we ran up by the temple in Rexburg? Haahaha that was so dang fun! I'm so glad you've got that running spirit and that Scott was so supportive. There is something so special about running for a cure... WAY TO GO!
ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Rebecca! I'm laughing my head off right now!!! How can I FORGET that one time we ran up by the temple???? Oh my heck!!! I'm STILL embarrassed about it! You are the sweetest woman in the whole wide world for NOT laughing at me the whole time I was DYING!!!!!!! Thanks for the great memory!!! It went MUCH better this time!:)
Good job, Denisse! That is impressive.
you're awesome.
parker just climbed up and saw your family picture on your side bar. (the same one grandma has by her front door) he said, "This picture in Idaho!"
:)
What an accomplishment! Way to go Denisse, I applaud you for running. (thats something I don't do for fun) But what a great cause. I am glad that you have had great results from your tests.
denise that is SO neat! what a cool thing! so glad you had fun, and are going to make it a tradition...that is awesome!
Good job Denisse! I think I told you my aunt just had a mastectomy from breast cancer. I'm glad that everything is all right with you!
Woohoo! I am so impressed. Way to go.
Congratulations! What a good race to support. :) That's awesome that you did it!
Way to go Denisse! I love 5k's! They are not long enough to kill you, but just long enough to make you tired. :) Looks like you did awesome!
Denisse, that is amazing! Good job! I just got "caught up" on your blog and I just have to say you take some BEAUTIFUL pictures! Your trip looks like it was fun, a little crazy, and spiritual all at the same time!
Post a Comment