To celebrate my last year in my 20's we went to P.F. Changs the day before my actual birthday since the 18th landed on a Sunday this year. The kids were acting wild so it was somewhat enjoyable. But it was nice to spend it together as a family.
I had to join into the new cupcake trend. There has been so much raving about these little cupcake shops all over the country so Scott took me to Cupcakes Actually. At $3.50 a piece they exceeded my expectations. WOW!!!! They were INCREDIBLE!
So, if you haven't been to a cupcake shop you should definitely go get yourself a couple. They are to DIE for!
On Sunday morning, Scott let me sleep in. What a sweet husband. The kids came to wake me up at about 9 and sounded extra excited. "Wake up mommy, we have surprise for you!" is what Braden said. "Come on, come on!!!" So I quickly got out of bed to find these BEAUTIFUL little heart that their daddy had helped them to make for me! Scott made crepes for breakfast and they were delicious!!!:)
Then...
My brother, gave me this. It's totally a guy way to wrap a present! I was laughing so hard...and was so incredibly curious to find out what it was. And WOW! What I found was an incredible surprise!!!
I have been coveting one of these for a little while now...not as fancy as this one...my brother definitely outdid himself! And I am NOT complaining! Man! Am I so grateful for his generous present! He is so thoughful and kind! I have a LOT to learn and he has been teaching me a lot of things. I've been playing with it and it is an AMAZING camera!!! I'm in LOVE!!!:)
It was an extraordinary birthday! Not just because of my great present but also because I find myself at a blessed place in my life! I find myself happy more often than not. We all have our moments of frustrations but I I find that the older I get the better I'm able to see the world around me in a more profound way. The level of happiness that I feel now doesn't compare to any other time of my life.
I'm happy to have turned 29.

9 comments:
that's an amazing birthday post! happy birthday to you!!! it's always such an inspiration when i read your posts. you're so insightful and happy. i need someone like you to remind me of the joys in life.
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! We're really glad that you were born. And don't worry- you don't even look close to 29. :)
what an amazing start to your 29th year! your birthday sounds perfect!
Deni sorry to ruin it for you but you're actually starting your 30th year
mai
Happy Birthday!!! You do not look like you are aging at all by the way. Hope you had a nice birthday. P.S. Can Kem be my brother? I love the "wrapping" he used for your gift. Hillarious!
Haha... I wonder who left that anonymous comment? LOL!
Wow, remind Kem that my birthday is January 17th!! ;)
Happy birthday!! You are as gorgeous as ever, I will have to try those yummy looking cupcakes.
And I thought he had wrapped a new robe for you with a belt...a new camera is AWESOME!! Can't wait to see all the new pictures you take.
What a fun looking birthday!
I'm glad you had such an enjoyable birthday! Sometimes I also have a hard time with getting older. I see more and more gray hairs popping out, my skin isn't what it was used to, and even my muscle tone has changed! But, you hit the nail on the head when you said that we all will grow old whether or not we want to. We might as well do it graciously and enjoy the ride rather than complaining! :)
Post a Comment