Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There's no place like home for the holidays│Utah.


We had such a nice Christmas Eve with my family in Utah. We reinacted the Nativity story and had the most AMAZING dinner afterward.


Brielle was Mary, Scott was Joseph and Braden was baby Jesus. I'm bummed that I didn't get pictures of the others! Nya and Ivan were shepherds. They were LOVING that we were making them do this!!! ha ha! Kem was King Herod and my mom was the angel. I was the narrator. It was cute and it reminded us all of the true meaning of Christmas.

After our little reenactment, we let the kids open one present.


Braden was loving life!


Brielle was showing abuelita her new fairies.


Then, Santa came.


...and before we knew it, it was Christmas morning!


We were definitely blessed to say the least.


Brielle and Braden got plenty of toys...



But the best present for me was to be with family. There is just something special about being together.


Saying goodbye was hard for me this time.


I bawled and bawled in the car after we left. You just don't realize how much you love these people until you have to say goodbye!

It was a special Christmas.

2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Aw, I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with your mom!

Trey has that Leapfrog toy you pictured too and all my boys LOVE it. They call it their "computer". haha!

THE DOBSON'S said...

Just in case I didn't already miss Utah enough...you had to go and show family pics. Pulling at those heart strings. It feels like we were just yesterday instead of almost a year ago. It looks like you guys had a really meaningful Christmas and that's awesome. Wish we could have been there.
Leave it to Kem to go off traveling again...ok so it's for school but still. He is such a nomad and I love him to peices...the brother I never had. Gary and I truly loved speaking to him for like two hours Christmas Eve. Are we ever going to be able to keep him in one place for longer than four months???