We had Brooke's blessing last Sunday and we were blessed enough to have family share the event with us. Scott's parents made it from Idaho, his brother Ryan and family from Cleveland and my brother who is already here. It's great being with family and be able to spend time together. It makes us miss them. They all came to share this special time with us...and we feel so grateful for the efforts made to travel all the way here...especially Kara and the three kiddos who had been traveling to Idaho right before they came here.
The cousins had a fun time. They all get along fairly well and I hope they remember these times they get to play together.
We headed to Clemyjontri Park, one of my favorite places to take my kids here in Virginia. There are so many toys...it's almost overwhelming at times trying to keep up with all the kids...but I think they had a good time.
I don't know how kids can stand spinning on this thing...I get dizzy just watching them...but they all loved it.
Brooke and Scottie.
Brielle and Braden enjoyed their time with Nathanial and Christopher. I can't believe how big they all have gotten!
To finish things off at the park, the kiddos got to ride on the carrousel.
Brielle can be such a little drama queen sometimes. She was wanting me to be there with her, but I get too dizzy on those things...she saw me and was calling me in such a dramatic way! Then I told her to smile and she quickly changed the drama into a nice smile. Crazy girl!:)
Brielle and Nathanial get along so well. They love spending time together. On the way back to the car they were holding hands! It was so cute! I'm glad they love each other!:)
Pretty darn cute kiddos.
******
On Sunday, we all headed to Church to have Brooke blessed. It was such a beautiful autumn day. The weather was gorgeous and our little girl wore Brielle's blessing dress. Brooke was given a name and a blessing by her daddy. It was a wonderful and special blessing.
We are so blessed to have this little girl in our family. She has brought nothing but joy into our lives. Her good nature has been such a blessing to me, especially, and she has made mothering a newborn a delightful experience. It might be that she is my third, but I find myself much more chill and calm as a mother.
We couldn't imagine our lives without this chunky little girl!
So happy to have family share this special time with us.
Brielle was throwing a fit in this picture...as you can see...children, children...I can't even remember what was the deal...the lighting on some of these with all the shadows isn't the best...but these photos are definitely already treasured!
Little Christopher is just the cutest little boy! He is so mischievous and adorable!
I love him! I just wanted to squeeze him the whole time he was here!:)
Tío Kemchu, Scottie, Grandpa Clay and Uncle Ryan.
Such a blessing to have them all share this time with us.
We loved spending time with Grandma Karen too.
Grandma and Grandpa Jensen with the grandkids.
We are missing five more, from Scott's older brother.
We missed you guys!:)
Christopher, Brielle, Nathanial and Mr. Braden.
...and the girlies, Emily and Brooke.
Brielle and Braden can't get enough of their little sister.
...and Mr. Braden couldn't get enough of his grandpa Jensen either. He just thinks his grandpa is the coolest guy ever...Clay is such a fun grandpa and plays with him.
On Monday, we headed to the NRA Museum here in Fairfax. Clay wanted to go so we all accompanied him... and it was actually fun to see all the guns, rifles, etc. It was so enjoyable to see Clay telling Braden all about the guns. Braden LOVED the one-on-one with his grandpa.
We had such an enjoyable time with everyone! We miss you all so much! There really isn't anything in this world much better than spending time with the people you love the most. Scott and I are so blessed to have such wonderful, loving families. Thank you for loving us and our children...and thanks for making the effort to come spend time with us.
Memories were definitely made.












6 comments:
Such wonderful pictures and memories! Your kids are going to be so happy to have all of these precious moments in pictures someday. Hope you are doing well. Love you guys!
Love the pictures. What a fun time with your family! Denisse, I just realized that you guys are realated to Ryan and Kara! Silly me. They are in our ward! And Ryan and Scott look so much a like. I will have to get to know them better. What a small world. When you come to visit them, we hope you'll come see us too, we live 2 blocks away!
Thanks Denisse for having us come! I loved watching all the kids play together. I can't wait until Brooke and Mily are old enough to play. You are a great host and I am glad that we made the trip.
I'M SO HAPPY THE BLESSING WEEK END WENT SO WELL FOR ALL. CLAY HAS TALKED ABOUT IT TO ME AND HOW MUCH THEY ENJOYED THE TRIP AND TIME WITH ALL OF YOU. IT WAS GOOD TO SEE BROOKE IN THE BLESSING DRESS AND IT STILL LOOKS SO NEW. SHE IS SUCH A SWEETY AND I CAN SEE WHY HER SIBLINGS CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HER. WOULD BE FUN TO HOLD AND LOVE HER. LOVED ALL THE PICTURES AND EVEN THE SHADE ONES ARE GREAT IN MY EYES.
I think I have the most beautiful Nieces and nephews in the whole world. I just love the picture of Christopher, Brielle, Nathanial and Mr. Braden on the steps with their arms around each other. I have it as my background. It is wonderful that they love each other. They look so happy. Wish I could have been there.
Love you lots!
Lanie
Brooke is so beautiful! I love all the pictures of your cute family. I sure miss you guys! (We finally got the internet so I had fun catching up on things with your family! Best wishes!)
Post a Comment