Soon after Thanksgiving, the streets of Salt Lake City turned into a winter wonderland.
I love the first snowfalls of the year.
We got a real tree this year and our house smelled so good.
I am not a fan of colored lights but the kids and Scott demanded them and I couldn't say no.
Our tree was fresh for about 2 weeks, I faithfully watered it hoping that it would last until Christmas but by Christmas it was super dry. We were all a little disappointed. But we enjoyed the wonderful smell nonetheless.
Christmastime is such a magical time. The children were so excited and it seemed like we waited forever and ever until Christmas day.
Brookie's cheesy smile has been cracking me up!!!
She sure has the cheesy smile mastered.
******
We got to go to the Internal Medicine Holiday Ball. It was such a nice break and we were glad the Clarkes could make it too. The food was good and we enjoyed some good conversation with our friends. We are grateful to know them.
Scott and I danced for an hour and we called it a night!
It's always fun to spend some alone time with my husband.
******
Trent, Scott's cousin, is headed to Africa on his mission next month. Jana had a little farewell party for him at her house. It was nice to see them all and spend a few hours together.
Trent is such a nice guy and we are proud of him for making such a good decision to go serve.
I loved watching Brookie interact with Uncle Chuck.
...and I can't get enough of the cheesy smile!:)
******
Someone told me about the Christmas window stroll at the Grand America Hotel downtown.
Scott was off one Saturday and we decided to go. It was such a fun outing and the gingerbread house was especially amazing! It's probably the biggest gingerbread house I have ever seen.
The windows did not disappoint. It was fun to see them all.
******
My little niece Vanessa turned one! Nya and Rob had a little party for her and we enjoyed being together celebrating her first year on this earth!
She is honestly the sweetest little girl and we are SO happy she is part of our family!
We love her so much! I can't believe how fast children grow. She brings so much joy to all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment