Thursday, October 7, 2010

Playdough, Dance Moves & Life.

We just have been doing life around here. It seems like the weeks are just slipping off my hands and when I least expect it, it'll already be Christmas! From dropping kids off to preschool, taking them to ballet class for Brielle and swimming class for Braden, cooking, cleaning, folding, planning stuff for my calling, and more often than I'd like to admit, wasting time in front of the computer; I just don't know how it is the month of October already!!! ...and you know what that means...I will turn 30 in 11 days!!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!



The kids are both happily adjusted to preschool. Braden got a name tag the first day of school and he wore it ALL day long!!! He insisted on keeping it on. He is happy and he is doing so well. He has been saying and doing the cutest and funniest things lately. Like the other day, he made himself a little "tent" all by himself and he actually feel asleep under it.

It was so cute.

I started the TOKEN SYSTEM with Brielle and Braden. They get a token when they help clean up, talk nicely and share. I am amazed at how well it is working for us, positive reinforcement, my friends!!! That's what I needed!!! I made Batman tokens for Braden and princess ones for Brielle. (If you are interested in the tokens I'd be glad to email them to you, just let me know!) Sharing is caring right?:)

I cut them up in circles and they put them in a jar every time they do the good behavior. At the end of the week, if they have gathered at least 20 tokens, we go and get a little toy for a dollar.

The other day Scott and were cleaning up some stuff in the living room and Braden says:

"I think you two are going to get a token today!"

We couldn't stop laughing...just the tone in which he said it...

I signed up to bring play dough to Brielle and Braden's preschool classes and since I had never made it before, I figured I better make it once before actually making it to bring it to school. It was super easy and my kids were in heaven. They were entertained for at least an hour.

I gave them cookie cutters and they went to town.

Braden was so into it.

As you can see from the pictures above Mr. Braden needed a haircut, he needed one badly.

So one morning, I decided to give him one. It wasn't perfect, but it'll do and it was free.

I was surprised at how grown up he looks with his hair cut. He definitely is not a baby anymore.



After a whole week of summer-like heat, I was so happy when it finally rained and it cooled things off around here. The kids begged me to let them play in our "sandbox" a.k.a. the patch of dirt in front of our building. I'm amazed at how much entertainment these two can find in that little patch of dirt...and what is a mother to do, when we don't have a yard. I just can't deny them the hours of entertainment! :)


A little while ago we found these masks at my favorite thrift store "Unique", I love that place! The kids were being silly one night before bed.

They were showing me their superhero moves!


...and another night they were showing me their dance moves...don't mind Brielle in her underwear...I don't know what it is with this girl and pants, she just hates them...hence, she very seldom wears pants when we are inside...

I have to pick my battles.

She has been saying funny things too. The other day she informed the family:

"I drank a lot of water and the water is in my bladder, turning into pee pee. It a big, huge bubble of pee pee!!!"

I think she is the daughter of a doctor-to-be!

Here are some videos for the grandmas:



7 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

You are a wonderful mother for letting your kids play in the mud!! haha. I get anxiety watching Jade get dirty. I know I need to get over it since we're having boys. Anyway, I just love looking at pics of your kids, they're adorable.

grandma said...

They will be on a school dance team one day if they keep practicing. So fun to watch!!

Becca said...

LOVE the dance moves!! Too funny. I think my favorite part is their lip-syncing. Cracks me up. (And I'm thinking that picture of Brielle dancing in her underwear should be pulled out when she brings that special boy home to meet the family. lol. I have to say I was quite entertained when I went to meet Enoch's family. hee hee hee)

Rebecca Robison said...

I agree with all of the above... I watched your cute kids and then had J watch it!

Ps. WE LOVE YOUR HOME!

mamabear said...

Ask Daija how she like wearing pants when she was little. If it wasn't soft and comfy, she wouldn't wear it. Your kids are darling!

Emily and Reese said...

Dee, I am amazed at your pictures. Will you please make a special trip to Idaho Falls to take our family pictures! I'm dreading it! Every time I look at your blog it makes me sad, because I MISS you guys so much! Love you!

Ie Li said...

Denisse! I just found your blog through Jenny's. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you at Jenny's. I had hoped to catch up when I picked Mei Li up, but we were late. Hope all is well. Your kids are so adorable.