I've decided I have a pretty average life. I do average mom things every day. I feel so busy. Just like everyone else. I have been having super long days, which interestingly enough means short weeks...I haven't felt this busy in a long time...I got a planner the other day, because I simply need it. I was good at blogging once a week, now the end of the day comes around and all I want to do is lay in bed next to my Scottie and watch an episode of Modern Family or House, or Grey's...last episode of Modern Family, I was laughing uncontrollably...because of "drop out" and "drop off"...ummm...yeah...that's me...YOU TRY SPEAKING IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE!!!! ha ha!!!:) You MUST watch Modern Family if you don't. One word.
HILARIOUS!
Among all of the busyness, I have been feeling grateful for everything I have...turning 30 and all...has made me realize that I am an adult now. I sometimes, just can't believe it. Once upon a time, I used to look at the sky and the stars and I would make a wish upon a star (it sounds cliche and you may laugh and I laugh at my self and my cheesiness...but it's true.)...as a little girl, I wished to have the life I have now and I am living the life I always wanted. Scott, reminded me of everything I have, the other day, when I was shamefully throwing some sort of tantrum...sometimes wive's throw tantrums...(or may be I am the only one.)
The kids and I finally made it out to the Butterfly Pavillion on their free day at the Museum of Natural History. It was fun and so entertaining watching the butterflies. They are such beautiful insects.
My brother was able to come with us, which made it even more fun. The butterflies are very friendly.
The kids got a magnifing glass and were inspecting the butterflies.
We also saw some bees, among other bugs. Seeing all those bees gave me the heebie-jeebies!
We got done at the exhibit right around lunch time, so we headed to the hospital to surprise Scott. He had no idea we were coming and it was such a fun surprise for him. He just got done with his surgery rotation...thank heavens!!! Although, he really liked it and enjoyed all the surgeries, the hours were insane. He was pulling 15 hour days. Not fun. He started his internal medicine rotation this week and the hours are much, much better.
After our nice little lunch at the GWU Hospital Cafeteria, it was time to say goodbye.
I had some sad kiddos.
...and I was just glad that I got to see my husband during the day...when we are both happy and not exhausted!:)
Our little friend Lilly and I have the same birthday. Her mommy, Jenny is amazing and threw her the cutest party!
![]() |
| Lilly "winking" for the picture. :) |
Lilly is such a hoot. We love hanging out with her and her mommy...and isn't this the cutest little party? I LOVE the decorations!
My kids had such a fun time at Lilly's party. In the picture above, Braden took it upon himself to make sure that he opened Lilly's present that we got for her, Lilly was just patiently waiting... She and Brielle are taking a ballet class together, after the class we take the kids swimming and the 3 of them have such a fun time! and I have a grand time talking with Jenny. Brielle and Lilly are good little "mommies" to Braden. It's cute to watch them.
A couple of Sundays ago, I dragged everyone to go on a walk on one of the cutest trails, I have found here in Virginia.
My kids were tired of me taking pictures of them.
Braden got a little tired from all the walking...
Brielle, forcefully, tried to make him feel better...a very forceful smile wouldn't you say?
and then...my dear husband (who is a child at heart) saw this little creature hopping...
...and of course he had to catch it, just for a little while...
They were mesmerized...
...and froggy definitely wanted his freedom back...and so we gave him his freedom and went home...and I made sure they washed their hands very, very well...
I am a room mom for Braden's class this year (one of the reasons I feel so busy!) His class had a Fall Festival and I was in charge of making sure all went smoothly.
It was a delight to see Braden, just being Braden. He and the rest of his class had a blast!
Here, we are with his class and the other moms who volunteered.
My brother spoiled me and got me THE coolest lens for my birthday! a 50mm.
I'm in LOVE...
with my lens...and with this man...and
...with this little boy...and
...this beautiful little girl...who had her very first Primary presentation this last Sunday. She memorized her part and knew it so well...when she went to say it she said it backwards...it was supposed to be...
"I can follow the prophet by reading the scriptures every day."
and she said "I can read the scriptures every day by following the prophet."
It was perfect...it was her first time...we were all so proud of her.
Braden even memorized it too...he wanted to be part of it so bad...next year.
This picture makes me grateful for my super-duper average life.
{My kids LOVE saying super-duper.}











11 comments:
Haha! I totally thought of you during that part of Modern Family. It really made me miss you a lot! I wish we were living our average lives closer to each other...
I do have to say, though, that you are making much more of your "average" life than I am. Look at all of the fun things you do with your kids! Poor Bridger is playing with a fabric measuring tape right now because I was too lazy to get out the play doh he wanted to play with. :(
We were so close to going to the butterflies last Tuesday! We decided 5 minutes before we went to sleep the night before that we were too booked to go, but we seriously had snacks and everything. Looks like you guys had fun!
Average really is beautiful. :)
Love the family pics, your kiddos are so adorable! We LOVE modern family too, that show is hilarious! (PS thanks for the info on glare-free glasses!)
I think your life looks pretty charming. Thanks for sharing it with us, so we can feel so loved too.
dEAREST jENSEN fAMILY
wE ARE STILL PLANNING ON COMING FOR A VISIT.
(wHICH I AM ACTUALLY PLANNING.:)
i aM iN lOVE WITH tHE b mAN'S TIE!
iS iT jCREW???
aND i aM iN lOVE wITH tHE lENS. iS iT fOR nIKONS oNLY?
yOU pOST tHE bEST tHINGS!
tELL sCOTT gREAT jOB fOR uS! wHAT aN aMAZING fAMILY!
This is Justin. I was just looking at your blog and thinking to myself how much I love you guys! I wanted to tell you all. Hope to see you soon.
We love Modern Family...and the that episode was hilarious! She got him a box of 'baby jesus' instead of 'baby cheeses'. Miss you guys and love you all tons. Love reading your amazing blog and feeling part of your everyday life. Hugs and kisses to all!
Anything but average I'd say! You guys are always up to something exciting, I love that about you! Such an adventurous mom!
Love all the pictures, you guys are so dang cute!!
I feel the same way! But you definitely do a lot more for your family! I love looking at your pictures and post to see what adventures you are up to.
I actually saw that episode of Modern Family and thought of you too!!! :) I can't believe I totally blew it and didn't give you a hard time on you turning 30 this year!!! Reese says your getting old...he can only say that for a few more weeks! :) Love you!
Post a Comment