Thursday, October 7, 2010

Goodbye For Now.

I think humanity will forever be puzzled when bad things happen to good people. My good friend Holly, lost her husband Shane almost 2 weeks ago, he was 28 years old and healthy. You can read about what happened HERE and HERE. The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation gives us hope. Holly and I became friends about a year ago, when our wards went through some boundary changes. She has been one of my favorite friends, here in Virginia. Brielle and Braden adore Preston, their little 18 month old.

To say that my heart is aching is an understatement...Shane was a gentle man and he was a good husband and father.

There are no words of comfort to give, nothing, but to give love and say prayers...and hope that Holly and Preston have felt how much we love them and hope that Heavenly Father hears our prayers that Holly and Preston may be comforted and directed.

Holly and our little buddy Preston moved to her parents' house, not even a week ago...and I already miss them. Who is going to drop by my house unannounced now?:) (I LOVED that about Holly!) Who is going to drop me off little treats on Valentine's day? or randomly call me to go to the park?

Holly is good at creating a community around her. She's good at being a friend. We could just talk and talk and talk...She has a lot of people that love her and Preston.



The night before she headed to her parents', some of Preston's little friends and their mommies gathered in their empty apartment to say goodbye.



My kids can't get enough of Preston...and I think he loves them too.

We miss you Preston! He would always give me hugs and pull my hand to go wherever he wanted me to go.



While we were there, Preston got a hold of Brielle's doll...



...he was busy bending her legs.


This woman, Holly, she has been amazing through this whole thing...so gracious to everyone. I am simply amazed by her strength.

We love you Holly and Preston!

2 comments:

Sherwoods said...

That is Stacey's cousin right? That is so sad, what a horrible thing. Prayers for everyone.

Holly said...

We love you too Jensens. We miss you!